Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a video capture card.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭ClonmelMan

Can anyone help, not sure what to buy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Personally id stay well away from the Fx5200 series if your big into gaming........... If the video capture is the main concern then it will be grand........

How about .....

This , and mabye 9600 ATI ??

I know its more costly but the Fx5200 really is a $hiter compared with other cards.

Can you edit video on the 9600 ATI or is this the wrong link. Don't realy like the other one.

All you need is a Tv tunner card!! The 9600 is purely a graphics card..... the other one is a PCI slot fitting.

Is there a reason you have to have it all in one ?? Ie are you short of PCI slots ??

Never dawned on me to have 2 cards, any idea how good this setup would be and if there is any known issues with either of these cards?

• Advertisement

Actually come to think of it you could try 128mb Ti4200 , its only €111 and great performance. Will work as a Ti4800se straight out of the box cause the cooling is good on it (simple overclock). I have this exact card and im very pleased so i am :) .

As reguards Tv cards im not 100% well up on them , I have one but im just too lazy to install it !! Come to think of it thats a little silly as i have my pc apart on an almost daily basis of late. Ahh overclocking......

what about these 2 Ti4800 SE e149 inc P+P or Ti4200 for e99 Inc P+P , I am on a budget and like to get value :)

Cheers I have just placed an order for the MSI TI-4200-VTD8x 128MB euros111+ P&P . ;)

Good call , its a 128mb version!!

I have the creative 64mb one for €99 aswell and the MSI one is much better IMO. It comes with a good ammount of software, loads of accessories for Tv out etc, Better on card cooling, and includes some games and an overclocking tool.

The creative one came with basicly the drivers and i got the offer one with Hitman 2. It wasent a patch on the MSI one.

Thanks for all you help COL_LOKI :)

The only problem is that it's not in stock and they are on holidays but I don't mind the wait.

• Advertisement

Damm i thought they were low on stock......

The Ti series from Nvidia is actually being discontinued :( , there far better than the Fx series IMHO. One of the best performance per buck cards out there at the min. Im pretty sure Hitide cant restock them.......... which is a big pitty !!

The Ti4200 from creative isnt that great to be honest. It wouldnt play certain games with the drivers they send you as standard which is very very annoying. There not even intensive games , Mechwarrior Merc's & NHL 2003 (picture completely breaks up into triangles :rolleyes:) . If you go for the Ti4200 or Ti4400 from creative have the drivers downloaded already because if you put on the provided ones they are a Bitc* to get rid of.......

Guess the next recomendation is the Radeon 9600 128mb version , if you can find the 9500 thats even faster. (pro if you can stretch that far).

Loki

Damm I have ordered on the chance that they can restock them. Will email them to make sure before I transfer the funds into their account. If I can't get that I will go for the Radeon 9600 128mb version and MSI TV @nywhere Master, Tv-Tuner.

That seems to be a good option IMO. The Fx cards are really being shown up when it comes to Half Life2 benchmarks, the ATI cards are doing pretty well.

Thanks again COL_LOKI you are a star. ;)

No probs, glad to be of some help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

You should go for one of the ATI all in wonder cards (I have the 9000 myself and it's excellent). They are renowned as the best capture cards in that price range and the capturing software is good also.

Any idea where I might get one of these online and what price?
    komplett don't seem to stock them and no PC stores near me.

Advertisement