Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Avatars...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Can "Custom Avatars" be put in the censor?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

fs Amp, I'd been waiting to post that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

The Kerry Basketball teams coming on strong these days.

/me looks at custom avatar.. mmmm sacralitious

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

This is a crack habit, of sorts. 4-hour sessions of Boards are better than Smack!

This is probably obvious, but where do I subscribe? I couldn't be arsed looking when I have all of this nice community to help me. :D

*thinks to self...*

Haha! The fools! Once I've registered, I'll make them all my slaves, and have them do my evil bidding! Mwahahahaha!

[/Evil scientist-style voice]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

tumbleweed.jpg

But here's the sign up page:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/signup.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    seriously? thats a bit much isnt it.

No.

Boards.ie is a limited company - which explains why they were able to get and keep a .ie domain for the site. Keeping and filing your accounts annually is par for the course for any Irish company.

Originally posted by amp
    But here's the sign up page:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/signup.php

Thanks amp. It was a bit poor, wasn't it?

Is there any way to pay by credit card, or is Boards strictly archaic?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

No way to pay by credit card for now. Various options have been investigated, but the short story is that banks are a bit wary of giving merchant accounts to companies that don't have employees or offices.

Afaik, the Ulster Bank details are on the sign up page so for instant gratification, you could walk into a Branch of them.
    Alternatively you can Telephone your 24 hr banking facility and they will do the transfer for you within a couple of working days.
    No credit cards system as far as I am aware.

mm

• Advertisement

Look at Amazon! All they had was a couple of giant warehouses! Although, I take the point. I'll be going to the bank on Monday to setup that €5 a month, so. Might give them a ticking off about not giving credit card facilities to my favourite site while I'm there!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by mr_angry4
    Look at Amazon! All they had was a couple of giant warehouses!
    :D

They probably had at least one pimply bean counter in an office in one of those warehouses though. Besides, the Americans will give a merchant account to pretty much anyone who asks for one.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Well the whole deal with Spin Solutions also put a spanner in the works but we are getting back on track now...

DeV.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Well it seems that banks are weary of giving out ANY merchant accounts these days, registered company with offices and employees or not!! :(

Could ye guys not get paypal though? (they're american if I remember correctly-I'm sure they'll do it-they probably charge money or take a % or something though don't they?)

I think you can transfer monies directly to another account now with AIB's 24 Hour Online but that might be AIB to AIB only.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

hey i was thinking of signing up for the supporters pack but i have no bank account (if i did there would be nothing in it anyways lol) and i was wondering could i send a bank draft for 50 euros?

who would this be made out to and where do i post it to?

that's if i can pay by this way

Advertisement