Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Schumacher 'to quit in 2006'

• 03-10-2003 5:11pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Willi Weber (Michael Schumacher's manager) has said Schumi will retire from F1 when Schumacher's contract runs out with Ferrari in 2006.

He has said, "the German is close to calling it a day".

See here

IMO the sport will not be the same without him.

However, I dont really think he will quit then. He is still the best all round driver out there & has also said that this is his most enjoyable year in the sport. There was speculation about this befoe he signed his latest contract. I think he's got plenty more years to go in F1.

What do yez think about it ?

Will schumacher retire in 2006 ? 6 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

as long as he doesn't retire as the world champion since 2000 i'll be happy. I want to see him beaten when hes on form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

He will retire at the end of 2006 imo. By then he'll have broken any records that he hasn't smashed already. He may even have won 9 world championships, though it's unlikely and it would kill the sport. He doesn't need to stay any longer than that, he may even retire at the end of next season... when Montoya beats him!! :)

Originally posted by Kalina
    He doesn't need to stay any longer than that, he may even retire at the end of next season... when Montoya beats him!! :)

I like the way you think. I'm just waiting for him to have mechanical trouble in japan oh yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I like the way you think. I'm just waiting for him to have mechanical trouble in japan oh yeah

Fingers crossed!!
    I can imagine it now, he's out in the lead, first round of pitstops he loses all gears trying to pull away....
    Oh that would make my ****ing year! =)

and to top if off kimi just has to win, oh i'd settle for coulthard slamming schumacher out also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

The greatest driver of the moment at the greatest team!
    He probably will retire at end of contract i hope he does not!
    He is by far and away the best around and only a mechanical failure will stop him winning the world championship again .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Here's schumi's point of view on it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/3175420.stm

Seems to differ to that of his managers. :D:D

IMO he's got plenty of years left in F1. :D

Advertisement