Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got a Loan of a Microsoft Outlook 2000 CD ?

Options
  • 03-10-2003 5:13pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I want to replace Microsoft Office with www.openoffice.org

And while I can just select outlook from SBE or SRD or PRO
    And it's so much easier tracking licenses when the item in control panel just says Outlook.

(Lucan area)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Why do you want an Outlook CD when you want to install Open Office?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

##### Media Kit Ordered #######

Open Office does not include replacements for Outlook or Access.

We already have an exchange server, and a client access covers the use of outlook on a computer. I can download Outlook 2001 for MAC's, and US customers can get outlook on the Service pack for Exchange 2000.

At present if a new user starts Outlook it will go looking for the CD it came form - 97/2K/XP x SBE/STD/PRO x SR level, that's a lot of hassle...

It's mainly so that when I run MSIA or PSINFO or BSA that I get a true listing of what is on each Client. (eg: I could just get a copy of Office Pro and install the licensed applications for which each PC has a license for - most PC's would not get Access - but would be a nightmare to keep track of)

Advertisement