Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens M50 internet problem

• 03-10-2003 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭

my new m50 wont allow me to connect to the web so i can get a few games for it,

I logged onto o2 and got the automatic setup mailed to my phone, but then to set it up it askes for a pin, which when i try it allways says is incorrect, but it dose put the correct values in,

the error says "CSD connection failure or call barred"

I checked all barrings on the phone and all are off.
    I also checked all GPRS and Java settings and CSD settings and all look as they should be

I'm on perpay????086 and o2's network.
    and the phone's a siemens m50

any ideas???

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭greg_f

Hi the no for you pin for internet access is 1234 but make sure you account is set up for gprs on the network otherwise this will not work

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭greg_f

Hi again,
    Here are the settings but make sure gprs and data

Postpay & Prepay CSD WAP Settings for the Siemens M50

Go into Menu and select Surf and Fun > Internet > Wap profiles > highlight a Profile, click on Edit.

Insert the following settings:
    Profile name: o2

Then select Wap Parameters and enter the following:
    IP Address: 192.168.090.074
    Port: 9201 for non secure/ 9203 for secure (security would be needed for things like banking)
    Homepage: http://www.o2.ie
    Linger time: 150
    Click Save

Select CSD Settings and enter the following:
    Dial-up number: +353868106040
    Call type: ISDN
    Login name: user
    Password: leave this blank

When this is done power the phone down and back up. To access the wap service go to Surf and Fun > Internet > Homepage

Prepay GPRS WAP Settings for the Siemens M50

Go into Menu and select Surf and Fun > Internet > Wap profiles > highlight a Profile, click on Edit.

Insert the following settings :
    Profile name : o2

Then select Wap Parameters and enter the following:
    IP Address: 192.168.090.074
    Port: 9201 for non secure/ 9203 for secure (security would be needed for things like banking)
    Homepage: http://www.o2.ie
    Linger time: 150
    Click Save

Select GPRS Settings and enter the following:
    APN: pp.wap.o2.ie
    Call type: ISDN
    Login name: user
    Password: leave this blank

GPRS is not activated on the handset by default, to activate this go to Menu > Setup > Connectivity, select GPRS and click on Change to turn it on.

When this is done power the phone down and back up. To access the wap service go to Surf & Fun > Internet > Homepage

regards

Advertisement