Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would you like to be laid to rest?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

Originally posted by John1188
    it is actually possible to live for ever, all you have to do is not eat, ever.

What?! That's stupid, if you don't eat you DIE. How would not eating make you live forever? Maybe if you didn't eat stuff that's bad for you you'd live a bit longer but stuff that's bad for you just tastes so good...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

You are all going to die!!!!
    Get over it. There's nothing you can do about it so just enjoy whatever time is left to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 John1188

the main reason we age is that digesting food damages our DNA, if we could avoid eating or absorb nutrients directly we would live possibly forever at least a few centuries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Spenguin

You know, there is a pretty big difference between forever and a few centuries. Not eating food? If You can't eat, whats the point of eating? I mean, living.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 John1188

to do other stuff that isn't eating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

I so agree with Alison. Cos food is yummy. And as Shakespeare said "well, we were born to die" so I'd rather eat my food then live for centuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

why would anyone want to live forever- you'd probably be old for most of forever and unless u were loaded would look old and be tired and stuff all the time, youd be draagged out each year on your birthday for all the world to ooh and awh at and then sent back to were you came from- probably a nursing home given enough time to listen to people tlk about the good old days- of around about 2589 :p .Also you cnt actually live for ever as the sun will eventually burn up and swallow the world so instead of choosing creamation it id be forced upon you.

Despite all the benefits of living forever that people may see im happy to go in the not so impossibly distance future(take not so impossibly distant as 90+ years) but even by then youd be talk in about the millenium when every1 else is lookin to the turn of the century- youd have one it all befor.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

to do other stuff that isn't eating

feck that **** like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

sorry for resurrecting an old thread (it's bound to get SOEMBODY banned and SOMETHING locked, like any other attempts at anything here) but i was reading this and was thinking. my friend wants to be frozen in a superman pose and shot into space with rocketman playing in the background. or, she wants to be cremated with either firestarter or light my fire playing as the cremation is happening. this is the best discussion to havevery loudly in a crowded restaurant

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Originally posted by mentalimplosion
    (it's bound to get SOEMBODY banned and SOMETHING locked, like any other attempts at anything here

.....subtle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

i wanna be cremated. *starts singing the ramones* :rolleyes:

also i want someone to stab me a few times in the heart so they're sure i'm dead before they do anything with me. i dunno, maybe i'm being overly paranoid but still...:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭tibilt

i dont want to achieve immortality in peoples memories.
    i want to achieve it by not dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Original, if your name's Woody Allen....:ninja:

my apologies, i didn't know woody allen was so important to you.
    and it wasn't his in the first place anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by tibilt
    my apologies, i didn't know woody allen was so important to you.
    and it wasn't his in the first place anyway.
    "Hey! If this is anyone except Steve Allen you're stealing my bit!"

quiet goatboy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freakydeadgirl

in a blaze of fire......
    thats what i feel would be a good way to go.
    with mastadon's march of the fireants at full blast or some other song along the same deciable level
    it would combine my love of fire and loud music
    causing some sort of mass chaos at the same time would be fun too. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mr. scanger

Cremated and/or smoked.Ya'd get a great laff of wateva burned off me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭the_only_Ali

Hmm.... I will live forever or die trying. But if I do die, cremation is always good. But I want some of my ashes buried so I can have a big tombstone in a haunted graveyard somewhere, and all my friends can come and weep and mourn at the foot of my crumbling sepulchre... and I want the rest of my ashes scattered along the Dorsh line so I can haunt the rugger buggers and possess their Dubes.

Hey, I read somehwere that after you're cremated you can get your ashes turned into diamonds and put them on rings and stuff for your friends.... thats an idea.

A weird one but an idea nonetheless... who came up with that anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Barbie_666

Originally posted by the_only_Ali
    Hey, I read somehwere that after you're cremated you can get your ashes turned into diamonds and put them on rings and stuff for your friends.... thats an idea.

A weird one but an idea nonetheless... who came up with that anyway?

AMERICANS.

(ps. it costs £10,000 stg. and the average body has enough carbon to produce 7 diamonds...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by Barbie_666
    (ps. it costs £10,000 stg. and the average body has enough carbon to produce 7 diamonds...)
    Wow, I've got a lot of diamonds buried in my back garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Squeee

Originally posted by Zukustious
    I wouldn't like to be laid to rest. I'll tell ya what. How about I just... don't die. Yeah I like that idea.
    But I wanted to mail your corpse to somebody I don't like. Nuts.
    I would like to be cremated and have my ashes blown in the faces of those who I didn't like. Seems fair to me. No wonder people think I'm mean.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Originally posted by Squeee
    But I wanted to mail your corpse to somebody I don't like.

There's an idea. Actually I think I'll leave bits of my corpse to people in my will or spread them around as I see fit. I won't be using it so I may as well let other people have it. You may do as you please with whatever body parts you recieve. Aoife, you may have an organ of your choice as well as my kidneys. The top part of my skull will be used as a hat for Hugh. The eyes must remain inside it and move around every now and then. Neil can have my legs. I figure if he has four then he could run really fast. The bottom part of my skull shall have a motor placed inside so it will forever open and close. Before I die, I'll record some stuff that I want it to say. Then the tape will be put in the skull. It will be placed on the entrance to the Steven's Green park. It'll mostly be complaing to people but if it commands you to dance. Then you must dance.
    My torso will be cut in two, then a crocodile will be sewn into it. This way the crocodile will have a human torso and will be crowned king of the crocodiles. The crocodile will also be given a crown to wear.
    Jenny may have my hands. It's always nice to have a spare pair of hands. You could make them do stuff like... clap.
    My reproductive organs go to the first person who wants them. Unless I don't want that particular person to have them. Whatever's left can be fed to someone I don't like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freakydeadgirl

i like zukustious' idea of the forever talking skull.......might have to think about that as a good way to go
    thought of another entertaing way to be immortalized
    be made into a doll or two.......it would contain part of your mind downloaded on to a computer chip so it would act like you........i would have soooo much fun freaking the sh*t out of little kids
    " hi suzie. i'm your bestest friend.... you know suzie its not nice to ignore your friend's when they're talking to you. ( head starts spinning).... i love you"
    ***giggle***
    i also like the idea of being turned into a vampire
    i'm not a day person to begin with and sunlight and i do not mix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

I wanna donate my body to sick people, so I live on forever in strangers.....fun.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Well, when I die I want my family to do whatever is most convenient for them. If for some reason I do not have life insurance or any money put aside they can bury me in the back yard if they so choose...but I would prefer creamtion.

If I die and have a nice amount of money to leave behind then I would like to be put in a mausolium...I want to have one built for all of my family members...so if I make it big one day I will build one before hand if not, I dont care what they do. It is a dead body afterall, whatever makes the ones left behind happy would suffice.

I would like bagpipes played though...but I guess I wont be able to hear it will I, damn. :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

i'd like to be cut up and dried and put into beef jerky bags and sold to people.
    or maybe cremated and put in little tiny bags and forced upon my rlatives as necklaces.
    or maybe, more realistically, donated to science and prodded and skinned and cut up and such. expecially if i die young, because those poor students dont get to work with enough young person bodies and they have to spend all of their time on shrivelly old people. it'd be a nice change for them to have a sexy young body. the students who got lucky and had my body to work with would be the envy of the rest of their class...

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

Originally posted by gigglingrat
    I wanna donate my body to sick people, so I live on forever in strangers.....fun.

Or until they die....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

Ohohoh I've changed my mind. Screw sick people. I wanna be skinned and my skin made into a leather jacket for a dog and sold on ebay. Then my body could be used as an extra in horror movies, which would be fun. And after that becomes to difficult, I wanna be creamated. Like, turned into ice-cream and sold to obese little kids. Because it would be an amusing end to my autobiography. Which I realise I won't be able to finish, on account of being dead.
    I'll ahve to get a ghost writer...:D

• Advertisement

i wonder if i could be placed inside a nuclear warhead when i'm near death and then dropped on some out of the way country somewhere - to emerge as some fashion of radiation-soaked man

Advertisement