Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Volley Ball

• 04-10-2003 3:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭

Just a quick question. I cant find the answer anywhere.

Could somebody explain why one player wears a different colour top in Volley Ball?

I dont think it is the captain, or the server as they all seem to take turns.

Ta.......
    :f33r:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

It's a Libero. A person usually playing at the back court. But they can play as setters either back court of front court. Just home from Dublin after playing a volleyball match this weekend is the start of the VAI league.

Also the serving is based on rotation. The server is serving from position 1. The person in front of him is in 2 the left it's 3 then 4 then back court on far left is 5 and middle back court is 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

There are always 6 people on the court on one team. The setter wears a different color cause it is easier to know and switch positions with that player if they have a brighter different color shirt on. Hope that helps.
    ~DR~

It's not the setter, I am a setter myself. It's a libero which is a player with different responsibilities.

Advertisement