Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simon & Garfunkel back together

• 04-10-2003 4:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

I've heard it on the radio a number of times over the past couple of days... apparently, Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel have settled their long-running differences, have gotten back together as a musical duo once again and are planning to tour together, playing concerts worldwide and, it's rumoured, work on material together for a new Simon & Garfunkel album.

Personally, I'm glad to hear it as Simon & Garfunkel were one of the musical acts I grew up with and always enjoyed. Their haunting melodies, thought-provoking lyrics, catchy rhythms and melancholy themes will always have a place in my CD collection, and my heart...

To be honest, I "grew up with them" because my parents were big fans of theirs in their day and their musical tastes rubbed off on me to some degree. (Okay, I never quite got into Nana Mouskouri or Planxty, and my dad was never quite a hard rock/metal fan... but you get my meaning...).

So... quick poll for you lot...

Simon & Garfunkel back together...

Good thing, bad thing, or don't care?

Simon & Garfunkel back together... good thing? 7 votes

Yes! Great! Looking forward to seeing them!
    0% 0 votes
    No! Leave it out lads, ye're past it.
    85% 6 votes
    ATARI JAGUAR! (I don't know who they are / care about them / etc.)
    14% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

great news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Great news, from a great duo.
    Just so long as Garfunkel doesn't get any ideas about making movies anymore...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Erm, good thing I suppose.

As long as Paul doesn't stop his "quirky world music you've probably not really heard before" thing

Advertisement