Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

T610 MMS problems..

• 04-10-2003 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭

Yeah I know.. This topic has been discussed to death but I still can't get a result. I have a T610 on O2 billpay, I've gotten the ota settings from o2.ie and have called customer care to enable mms, but still when I send an MMS I'm told to contact customer care. I've checked the settings lists in other threads but I can't find anything specifically for MMS billpay.

I have GPRS and email working fine, by the way.

The configurator at sonyericsson seems to be bust, it doesn't send settings to my phone at all, so I can't try that.

Any help people? Please!

Cheers

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭greg_f

Hi Dave,
    I don't have the t610 settings but i do have t68i and p800 you might be able to configure from this,also when someone sends you an mms do you recieve a legasey msg advising you to go to the o2 web page?

Postpay MMS Settings for the Ericsson T68i

From the main menu scroll to Connect > Data Comm > Data accounts > Add account.

Select GPRS Data and enter the following settings:

Name: o2 mms
    APN: wap.dol.ie
    User id: gprs
    Password: gprs

Select Save and click Yes, again select the account just created (o2 mms) and click Edit.

Password request: Off
    Allow calls: GPRS only
    IP address: 192.168.090.074
    DNS: leave this blank

From the main menu select Messages > MMS > Options > Message server

Enter the following settings:

Address: http://mmsc.mms.o2.ie:8002

Press Yes, again select WAP profile > Select > select o2 mms

To use WAP go to the main menu and select Wap service > o2.

Postpay MMS Settings for the Sony Ericsson P800

Go to Main menu > Control panel > Connections tab > Internet accounts > click the New button and enter the following settings:
    Account name: o2 gprs
    Connection type: GPRS

Click the Advanced button and enter the following settings in the Server tab:
    Username and password required: Leave this un-ticked (username and password fields will stay grey)
    Address: wap.dol.ie

No other settings need to be altered. Press Done twice and set the Preferred field to o2 gprs. Press Done to bring you back to the Control panel.

Go to WAP accounts > Basic tab > New button.
    Enter the following settings:
    Account name: o2 wap
    Internet account: preferred
    Tick Use Proxy, Address: 192.168.090.074
    Port address: 9201 (secure) OR 9203 (non-secure)
    Username: blank
    Password: blank

Press Done twice. Press the Preferred tab, tick use WAP account and choose o2 wap. Press Done.

Go to Messaging accounts > MMS tab and enter the following:
    Service centre: http://mmsc.mms.o2.ie:8002
    Wap account: o2 wap
    Automatic: on
    Download size: no restrictions

Press Done. To send an MMS from the main menu go to Messages > MMS > Message > New, select format. Using the tabs at the bottom, specify your recipient and attachments.

Let me know the msg you recieve when someone sends you an mms as this is important because if you get the msg advising you to go to the o2 website than you are not set up on the network successfully.

Regards:ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Thanks for posting that, but no luck I'm afraid. I still get that message at the end of Sending that says to Contact customer care. Its definitely set up on O2's end, I already called. I've been getting my friend to try sending me an MMS but he has the t610 on O2 prepay and can't get it working either. Out of interest, is there anyone who can get this working? I know it works on Vodafone billpay, I know a guy who has one.

Thanks anyway but I'll have to try something else. Last resort is to actually call O2, because I'm sure they'll just tell me it can't be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Get them to remove your APNs, remove you from the MMSC, do a de-reg on your number and then re-provinion you for MMS.

I havent tested this yet but what you should do is go to a dealer shop and get them to send you an mms and than record what msg you are getting also make sure you are using o2 (the letter o) instead of 02(the no) i know it sounds simple but this can cause a conflict in your settings,but most important is the msg you get when someone sends you an mms becaues this will indacate if the product has being added successfully on the network

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

for a quick check of incoming MSS you could try and send yourself one from the o2.ie web site and see what happens - i use that for troubleshooting when setting up a new phone

have O2 MMS working on other handsets so just manually configured a T610 for MMS and it worked grand with software version R1L013 running on the phone

if you want me to send you a test one PM back and you'll get one of the cat out for the count beside the TV :)

if you have all the settings in ok, then it may not have been configured right by O2 - so worth getting back on to them

hopefully you won't hit the 5 month saga i had to get Vodafone to set MMS up on one account here :rolleyes: - but that's unlikely as on the whole i've found O2 (internet/wap) customer support is a much better experience than Voda's

to check your software version input this, where > means joystick right, and < means joystick left, * is the regular star key ;)
    > * << * < *

hth,
    BrianG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭billbond4

I have a T610 and im able to send MMS, VF would turn me on for mms as the T610 isnt an approved phone.
    So i rang up 5 minutes later and told them i had a T68i, wham bam, within 2 minutes i could send MMS.
    I got my settings sent by SE.

Did you try setting MMS GPRS as your profile when sending an MMS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Ok I finally got the media messaging on my t610 working, it seems that although my account at o2 was activated for media messaging, the main server at o2 still didn't believe that my device was media messaging enabled. According to the very helpful customer support (she contacted technical support and had an answer within minutes) the server still thought my phone was a "legacy device", and something needed to be changed in order to enable media messaging. What had been happening was that I was getting the "go to o2.ie to collect your mms" text message instead of receiving the mms on my phone. So if anyone has similar problems, just ask customer support to ask technical support about it.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

By the way, I could only get my o2 email to work again when I changed the server names from digits to smtp.o2.ie etc. Seems to work very slowly now though. But it works!

nice one :ninja:

Advertisement