Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

barter/trade section in Classifieds ?

Options
  • 04-10-2003 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

How about a forum for folks who are looking for goods/services and can barter for same ? rather than buying/selling the barter system might be more in keeping with the community-base of boards ?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Like this one here?

;)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

close but according to the rules
    The only items that can be traded on the forum are Games (both console and pc), DVDs (any region) except adult material, Music (CD-HDCD, SACD and Audio DVD – NO MP3s) and Books.

I'm thinking more along the lines of services etc. Let's say I'm a plumber (heaven forbid !) and I need someone to setup or repair a PC then I agree to trade a day's plumbing (not including parts/hardware though) for a day's IT assistance. Or perhaps someone could trade services/skills for something they want/need to buy (a day book-keeping for a VCR type of thing). No money changes hands...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

PM moderators and ask if they will change the charter but when that board was made it took a while.

btw are you really a plumber? me having radiator issues im a pc Tech so can barter with you if your pc is buggered :)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

I will change the title of the forum to include plumbers if you will fix my boiler...:)

V.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

me a plumber ? for the love of god no !! :D

the idea came to me when I got a plumber in to check out a problem (turns out the original plumbing and associated wiring was not done correctly and now I'm chasing up the original builder). In return I fixed up his PC. Both of us quite happy with the result (well... I'll be happier when the original builder comes and fixes their mess)

so Vexorg.... what exactly is wrong with your boiler ? the public has a right to know...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Excellent suggestion. How anyone could not see the advantages of a "Bartering Forum" is beyond me. Its a natural, and no V.A.T. either.

I do think it warrants a - specific- forum of its own, to avoid confusion.

P.:ninja:

Advertisement