Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V Arsenal - Result

• 04-10-2003 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

AGH!

That is all... :(

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Seconded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

liverpool i take it! played well AGAIN!!! :eek:

im not going to say unlucky because ars were good and deserved a win i thought. pires goal was quality and that was a big result for ars. 9 points now adrift from the top for pool. 2 defeats in a row.

houllier must decide whether to stick with attacking play and risk losing or go back to defensive and risk not winning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

COME ON THE GOONERS!!!!

the pool should have won
    aresnnal did

thats why the pool will strugle to get in the champs league this year

and what a bonus owen out for the england!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Liverpool should have been at least 3 up before Gooners got a v lucky equaliser I can't believe Owen missed that free header he evaded 3 Arse players and headed it way over also Kewell should have scored a second but blasted over.
    Arsenal were a completely diff team in the second half
    I wonder how bad Owens injury is? it looked his knee/shin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by smemon
    liverpool i take it! played well AGAIN!!! :eek:

im not going to say unlucky because ars were good and deserved a win i thought. pires goal was quality and that was a big result for ars. 9 points now adrift from the top for pool. 2 defeats in a row.

houllier must decide whether to stick with attacking play and risk losing or go back to defensive and risk not winning.

Even Arsenal supporters are suggesting that Liverpools shouldnt have lost and deserved at least a draw...... Once again, so so one sided.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by smuckers
    Liverpool should have been at least 3 up before Gooners got a v lucky equaliser I can't believe Owen missed that free header he evaded 3 Arse players and headed it way over also Kewell should have scored a second but blasted over.
    Arsenal were a completely diff team in the second half
    I wonder how bad Owens injury is? it looked his knee/shin.

Seemingly he twisted a shin muscle. In an interview aftwerwards he said he thought he broke it the second it happened. Shame it happened and I am sick for England. On that, it gives them another excuse to use in case they don't qualify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Edu's goal was the least deserved equaliser I have ever seen. We were cr*p up until half-time, and thoroughly deserved to be about 4-2 down at the break.

I think I was most annoyed with Pires too - he seemed to be doing f*ck all, and then in the second half, he came out and completely proved me wrong! His passing improved, he finally decided to give Ashley Cole a helping hand in fouling El Hadj Diouf (not that Diouf wasn't happy to hit the deck at every available opportunity), and he scored a fantastic goal.

The only thing I can say is that we (Arsenal) are the least confident top-of-the-league side I have ever seen! I don't know how we keep winning!

if liverpool deserved to win, they would have won. they fact is they couldnt take their chances and arsenal punished them.

arsenal needed a handful of chances to score 2 and pool needed a countless number to score 1. maybe liverpool deserved to draw at most.

perhaps liverpool's bad results are because of sins in a previous season. how many teams have played against liverpool and said, we didnt deserve to lose??? loads.

just because liverpool played attacking footie and created loads of chance doesnt mean they automatically deserved to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

In Pires first season he did that a few times, crap first halfs and as I was slagging him at half time he'd come out and play out of his skin and score the winner.

As for the match, I thought a draw would have been a fair result overall. Liverpool probably should have had arsenal buried by half time, but I don't think "Edu's goal" was a lucky one. It was a fantastic ball in. You have to take your chances and that was the difference between the two teams.

Pireas second goal was worthy of winning every match, but Arsenal are certainly showing championship form. God knows what will happen if they start playing well.

Pool don't seem to be gelling their defense and attack, mainly because their midfield is at best, all over the place (and often missing altogether).

They are now missing something like 9 first team players through injury..... did I say before they needed 3 extra players? Still I expect Arsenal to look very weak once the suspensions hit and Utd don't have the depth in experience they had last season..... Chelsea anyone?

if liverpool deserved to win, they would have won. they fact is they couldnt take their chances and arsenal punished them.

arsenal needed a handful of chances to score 2 and pool needed a countless number to score 1. maybe liverpool deserved to draw at most.

perhaps liverpool's bad results are because of sins in a previous season. how many teams have played against liverpool and said, we didnt deserve to lose??? loads.

just because liverpool played attacking footie and created loads of chance doesnt mean they automatically deserved to win.

I am putting you on ignore from now on... If I listen to your bull**** anymore I am gonna just loose the plot and get myself barred..... JESUS ****ING CHRIST YOU ARE SUCH A........ wont finish that

• Advertisement

i dont know who u support, but can you not see liverpool got a taste of their own medicine today??

they were the attacking side and arsenal were the poorer side for most of the match. liverpool have won many a game playing against better attacking sides in the past. just like arsenal did today.

those results even themselves out over a season and i dont see why theres any need to go off in a huff about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

i am devastated after this result. we were robbed.

taste of our own medicine?? don't talk crazy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Jank I wouldn't be hoping Owens injury is serious the "Owen out for England remark" implies you that you really love him being hurt no football fan should ever wish that on some players, people may not like Van Nistelrooy or even Henry but it is pretty juvenile what are we 10 years old here people?

i dont know who u support, but can you not see liverpool got a taste of their own medicine today??

they were the attacking side and arsenal were the poorer side for most of the match. liverpool have won many a game playing against better attacking sides in the past. just like arsenal did today.

those results even themselves out over a season and i dont see why theres any need to go off in a huff about it.

How can you say they were not unlucky while then saying Arsenal were the poorer side for the majority of the match.

Also, get this into your head, having an Attacking or Defensive style of play is nothing to do with deserving to win a match. Jesus.

arsenal were the poorer side however, when chances came along they took them. if liverpool lost, it proves they didnt take theirs.

you also said having an attacking or defensive style of play is nothing to do with winning match, i agree with that, liverpool have proved it many times. however why did liverpool deserve to win then??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Ever notice that whenever a team loses to Arsenal the manager always says 'You have to take your chances when you get them against Arsenal', just like Houlier said after the game yesterday?

I wonder if he had bet this into the players before the match, putting them under added pressure, causing Owen and Kewell to miss those sitters....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Fair play to you jesus_thats_great, I've had semon on ignore for ages now. It's almost impossible not to read his posts though, kind of gives me a happy feeling - I may support a crap football team but at least I'm not ....(I'd love to say something derogatory here but I'd better not:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭marct

I would love to know how people reckon that was a fair result. The Arse got a ridiculously poxy own goal off Sami and were played off the park for 60 minutes. Pires got a great goal but didnt do a thing for the rest of the game. Still I can take heart in that we played some great football and we cant keep losing creating as many chances as we are...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

It's not exactly that the result was fair or unfair, it's more we don't deserve to win if we can't put the ball in the net. Arsenal were definitely lucky, Wenger said so himself. Some people say you make your own luck though. I was heartened by the result but we also started to play well just before the last international weekend, only for it to be disrupted...

Advertisement