Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! Pop-up Problems

Options
  • 04-10-2003 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Hey, im having a pop up problem where that random pop-ups come up and take up the whole screen. Ive downloaded a pop-up blocker thingy but is bollix. But the thing that annoys me the most is that when i play games offline, it always shrinks down because sum program wants to get online, i cant find the source to this problem at all. Is it a virus or what. Please help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

download adaware & spybot search & destroy.
    update them & then do a thorough scan in each program.

or use mozilla firebird with its built in popup blocker...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If you have IE 5.5 or higher (almost said better oops) then get googlebar too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

you should get a firewall too (dunno if you're on xp, xp has an in-built firewall).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

...or use OPERA!

It has built-in pop-up stopper with options to only show *requested* pop-ups.

Advertisement