Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homepage..

Options
  • 04-10-2003 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

Hey, i've recently started making a homepage for myself. I've made the first page, the template and i was hoping for some feedback before i went on.

I've only tried viewing it in Ie, im not sure how it will look in mozilla/oprea etc. Sometimes i have to refresh it to get all the table bg images to load (no idea why).

Its only the template, so the links don't work. I did add the working shoutbox because i wanted to be sure i could get one to work and fit nicely into the site before i went and built the rest of it around one :)

Yes, its simple and quite thin, but its not going to have a massive amount of content and i didn't want to make a big gappy website. Please, bear in mind i don't this for a living and i don't claim to (hope that P lad misses this thread).

I used macromedia mx and photoshop.

Template here

Thanks,

Phill

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You have set the table to be 53%, why?
    Other than that its nice in IE
    In Opera 6 it begins 1/3 of the way down the page.
    Mozilla - no left margin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

Because i liked the way it looked at 53% :p

Im a bit dissapointed about the other browsers, thats annoying. :/

Thanks for the comments :)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Fergal C

the fact that your shoutbox is so small and it keeps flashing to a blank white square is quite annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

I set it to refresh every 10 or so seconds just to make testing easier, just forgot to change it back. Even still, if you click on the shout part (ie, if you start typing) it shouldn't refresh.

I guess it could be a bit bigger.

Advertisement