Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPRS enabled site

Options
  • 04-10-2003 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to create a site from where I could download an application to my phone;
    I've tried writing a WML page but it didn't work out too well :(
    I'm just looking for a plain page with 2 downloadable links, nothing fancy.
    It's very hard to find WML tutorials on the web as they all seem to be courses which cost a lot!
    Any help would be appriciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭FreeHost

First, is your server space wap enabled, check with your hosting provider, however most are these days.

Tutorial: Have a look at this link, it will give you the basics and plenty of examples http://www.w3schools.com/wap/default.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

You can build/host a free wap site and preview it if you sign up with Tag Tag - http://tagtag.com/site/index.php3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Grimlock

Thanks for the replies; i'll give them a try :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Which kind of technology are you interested in?
    WAP is simply WML and has nothing to do with applications etc.
    By the sounds of things you are probably more interested in targetting 2.5G or 3G users.
    3G would depend on the user's handset and generally supports standard XHTML compliant markup (ie. no WML required)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Grimlock

No, I simply wish to be able to downlaod an application to my phone from the web;
    it's a 6610 Nokia that I would like to transfer the application to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement