Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Whoes

Options
  • 04-10-2003 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭

I have been fighting with the idea to get a tattoo for a long time. When I am 80 and it's all ulgy what will I do with that! I have a friend who has actually drawn it up and gotten it ready to be restenciled. I can not handle pain either. I am the girl who has pain pills for her menstral cycle. Is it all that painful, and will I regret it when I'm 80???? These questions are squirming around....:rolleyes:

Here it is my stencil

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

The stencil is nice, where are you thinking of getting it done?.
    If you are worried about doing it don`t get it done. Tattoes can be removed but it leaves a scar and it is painful to get them removed. So you still end up with something nasty. I don`t have any tattoes but I imagine that having a needle repeatedly pricking into your skin would hurt particulary if you have a low pain threshold. Since your friend has it ready to be restenciled don`t let that person in any way pressure you into doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 keeaumoku_tofu

I have none. I have one on my back that is 12" x 5" and 8 little ones (each about 1") surrounding my navel. Now, I got pregnant with twins and let me tell you the stomach one stretched and is a little distorted but not bad. Do I care? Not really because there was a time I had a booming body with killer abs accented by a wicked tattoo but now I don't. Big deal. It's part of life because we all age. Occasionally I look back with nostalgia but not regret. Who doesn't miss the body they had at 24?

The one on my back hurt but any ink on a bony area hurts like hell. Fatty areas hurt less. I picked the back and stomach because they were the areas I liked most on my body back then. Looking back now these were wise choices because my tats stay hidden for the most part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dragon_ninja82

Would you regret it if you were 80 and didnt get it? Its a savage stencil, and while it does hurt, it never becomes unbearable. Just remember, its an hours pain for a life's enjoyment :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Malaise

I had the same feelings about getting tattooed before I got my first one...then I said f*ck it, you only live once, if I wanna decorate my body while I have it in decent shape, then I will & I'll enjoy it! I used to hate the thoughts of needles, still do, but I really feel it *is* worth the pain....but be definite!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Stencil looks class!

There's a couple of key questions you need to ask yourself before getting it done:
    • How old am I?
      if you're still quite young (i.e. under 21), you still have some growing up to do, so your whole thoughts and opinions might change on it and you're going to be one of many silly people with silly tats in silly places who never thought the thing through
    • Am I sure this is the one I want?
      Took me 2 years to decide on my first one - Gibson SG Guitar - my fave guitar in the world. If I did it now, I might have balked and gotten a BC Rich Beast which'd look a lot sillier when I'm 80!
    • Am I really that much of a wuss?
      It'll hurt. If it goes over bone, it'll hurt a lot more. Given that you may be facing child birth in the future, this shouldn't concern you. This is the way it works, so there's no point in worrying about it. Smoke a joint before hand, it won't seem as bad. Don't drink though - doesn't help.
    • Where on my body do I want it?
      Until you're well established on your career path, a tattoo will not do you any favours (unless it be in a career in something not normal :)) Both my tats are covered all the times (upper arm and back). I'm not trying to hide them - I'll show them to anyone who wants to see them, but it's better that I keep them out of sight and out of mind when doing job interviews etc
    • Do I intend to live till 80?
      I don't, it won't be a concern for me ;)
    Don't rush into anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dragon_ninja82

Opps, posted in wrong tattoo thread. My bad. Copying my post over to the tattoo meanings thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭qwertyphobia

One thing I am glad I did was once i decided on the image I wanted to use I waited a year before actually getting it done and every so often during that year I went back to the image and looked at it and decided if I was still happy with it. That way I feel that I am more likily to still be happy with it in many years to come

xx
    r

Advertisement