Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to look for when buying a dvd player

Options
  • 04-10-2003 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

here ya go, Its the run-of-the-mill-im-too-lazy-to-use-the-search-button-so-ive-made-a-thread-thats-been-posted-before thread.

I'm looking to buy a dvd player and to be honest, I dont know **** about them. so could someone give me a quick rundown of what to look for in a dvd player?

My budget is €150. Im not looking for anything snazzy. I dont need multi region because my xbox already does that. Just something to do justice to my 32" widescreen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭MartinHSabag

1. That it has the highest quality of video output that is supported by your TV (RGB or Component).
    2. I would look for multi region - most of them now days come as such anyway. a 150 E DVD would kill your XBOX in DVD playback anyway - particullary if your XBOX is connected via composite (the yellow RCA).
    3. Features (chose what's important to you) such as: MP3 decoder, JPEG reading capability, VCD, SVCD, XVCD, what DVD recordable format it supports (DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RAM etc.)
    4. If you have a receiver then no need for build in DD and DTS decoder, however if you don't then you might want it.
    5. the usual stuff like: warranty, service, a good brand etc.

That's it for now.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

so where would ya reccomend I buy it. Im in Mayo. I checked the peats website, but the home entertainment section is offline. Are there any good online shops?

:f33r: what the hell is this smiley?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

Originally posted by pleb

My budget is €150. Im not looking for anything snazzy.

Get the one in power city for €70 & spend the rest on DVDs or give me some of it for saving you a wad.

It's by far one of the best systems on the market, will play every type of disk you throw at it & had full on board 5.1 decoding

whats it called? and do they deliver? im in mayo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

How about I pick one up for you & bring it down next weekend ?

Don't know what it's called, they probably deliver, why don't you call them & find out or are you too lazy to do that too ?

Jeez, I just told you how much it was & where to get it, get off your arse & completet the transaction yourself.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by ThreadKiller
    How about I pick one up for you & bring it down next weekend ?

ya that'd be great thanks. I didn't read the rest of the post - too lazy hope you had nothing important to say. Ill send you my address in a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Originally posted by pleb
    :f33r: what the hell is this smiley?
    http://www.odlums.com/

Advertisement