Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fan power cable

Options
  • 19-07-1999 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

right im just back from dublin and i was all day looking for the power cable for a fan everywhere told me the same old thing "we dont do them because they come on the cpu usualy " well i know they come on the fan usualy but mine broke and i need a new one for a p2 400 any ids where i could get one ?

also would i be safe running the computer while the fan isent working or should i waight till i get it fully working

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

don't run it for over half an hour without the fan
    p2's get quite hot.
    and when u mean power cable for a fan ? you mean the tiny little 3-pin connector that attachs to the motherboard? or the actual wire has disappeared itself? smile.gif
    because u don't actually need that connector itself.. u can strip down the end of the fan cable and wrap it around the connectors.. works grand.. done it myself like.
    but if it is the cable thats missing or you ripped it or something you'll need a new fan or re-wire it yourself like i said smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

thx kali again but its the little 3 connector wire and its totaly ****ed no way of using it so looks like a new fan a well maby attach the old one to someones car or somthn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I have a fan like that connected spliced straight to the power supply fan
    so i have double the cool cool breeze inside my great 166 @ 200 smile.gif

Advertisement