Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Heading in the Games section please : MODERATOR

Options
  • 05-10-2003 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

Can you set up a section for Command & Conquer in the games section. So, it has it's own heading,

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i think its pretty much covered in strategy...

i haven't seen a post about c&c since generals was released, so a c&c forum is hardly essential

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Eh, maybe have one for a while. If it gets no attention you could remove it.

nah, if the stingy bastards won't make one for gta, i can't see this happening:(

/me throws a hissy fit

F*** me, no GTA Forum. Oh man, this is not right.

I bet Counter-Strike is still there, that game is so past it's sell-by-date.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

U go girl!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

a Command & Conquer fan saying CS is past its sell by date..

rofl :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Im not talking about the merits of the games, but the counter-strike forum is still going strong, especially with the release of 1.6.. If anything moan about quake, which is still prob going.

Take this to feedback/suggestion in admin, that is where you request new boards. This will prob be moved there.

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    a Command & Conquer fan saying CS is past its sell by date..

rofl :D

Maybe i forgot to mention that the request for a New Forum, naming in Command & Conquer, in order to suit everyone from that game experience ie. Tiberian Sun, RA1 & 2(including Yuri's Revenge), Generals(including Zero:hour). Sorry about not being more informative. I'm not too sure about Renegade, but that's another story.

Maybe there isn't a big enough following for this game experience, so be it. But I'm quite sure there are people out there who would like to have one, and have not say anything about a Forum dedicated for "command & conquer".

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

But the whole series is past its sell-by-date. Also, I'd be worried about the kind of user this board would attract. Do we really want C&C players posting amongst our children?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

You don't seem to quite understand how the whole forum thing works. If there are a lot of people posting here about a game, then it's considered a good idea to move it off into its own forum.

Since NOBODY posts here about C&C, it seems a bit pointless to create an empty forum for it, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

How bout a Gamecube Forum or a Xbox/Xbox Live forum?,they both seem to get alot of posts about them.

as much as i hate to admit it (gta... *sob*). the games section of boards is already too segregated, adding sections for individual consoles would just be plain crazy

Ah, forget it.
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Maybe it is crazy that a console will get its own forum but then again george bush is the president of the USA so anythings possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Nah, Forget console forums.

Better posting in the one. Makes it look more busy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Any other forum that has been for one console only has just been full of fanboys saying crap like 'PS2 ownz, xbox suxor' and agreeing with each other. It's far better here with healthy and unhealthy disagreement.

I have to agree with Retro (errrrr),

But has anyone ever seen the xbox live forums. Yesterday, an American logged on and started a thread called "Which are better live gamers, Americans or British??"

Then he turned into a little slagging war about blair and bush. utter crap.

Retro,

I'm getting a platnium cube this week. Is ikargua any good??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

The only change I would like to see is computer games and video games be split up and given their own forum. I believe they are two totally different platforms and cater for different markets. Like myself, I rarely play PC games, so my interest in the many PC game threads is nowt. Its safe to say that both threads would recieve equal amounts of attention, and finding threads specific to Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft would be much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I rarely, if ever, play Nintendo games yet I find them interesting to read about. I like hearing about new games that appear on it and other platforms as often a good game will be ported/developed for another platform.

If it wasn't for this forum I'd have never heard about a lot of games. I'm not a Sony gamer just because I have a playstation, I'm not a pc gamer just because I own several pc's. I'm a gamer. I like to play games.

Anyway, imo there's more of a console bias to this forum as most of the popular PC games have their own forums (CS etc), so it wouldn't be an even split.

Also, as I've mentioned in another of these threads-that-will-not-die games are becoming more and more portable. Half-life 2 more than likely will appear on a number of platforms (if it ever is released) not just the pc.

In closing, I think the Games forum is fine the way it is. It's busy enough for there to be regular lively discussion and not too busy that it's hard to follow or moderate.

Now, if you don't mind, I've got one last gold medal to obtain in SSX Tricky's Showoff mode. Damn you Alaska, damn your cold, cold heart.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ikaruga is a brilliant game. Be warned that it is rock hard and not really for everyone. It's a great game to get out once in a while for a quick blast but you will get tired and annoyed with it if it's the only thing you play. If you like shooters and a bit of a challenge than get it.

• Advertisement

Thanks Retro,

I went into GAME in blanch yesterday looking for it and the guy behind the counter didn't have a clue.

He said "is it that game with numbers at the end of it??" and pointed at PN03. Then was start saying i was mad buying a GC and that i be better buying a ps2. Its a pity he was at the counter, the other long hair lads are usually sound.

I'll probably pick it up after i finish WW, OOT and PN03 from play.com. They outta stock off it and looks a big seller for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

yea I played a bit of Ikaruga when it was on the dreamcast..

Gotta say its the hardest game I think I have ever played...

Advertisement