Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boro Vs CFC

• 05-10-2003 4:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

Terrible in the second half but Duff produced the cross of the game for Crespo to head home. Both teams started well and Gronkajer who was v ineffecitve had a shot saved. Huth started v sluggishly and Christie was getting the better of him then Lampard won the ball gave it to Duff a slide rule pass to Guddy and the ice man put it away, Terry hit the bar with a header. Boro came out firing all cylinders in the second half and Mendieta hit a slide rule pass to Nemeth 1-1 then Boro controlled the game and Makelele and Lamps were losing out Boeteng was unlucky not to have scored Christie should have scored and my MOTm Mendietaa had a shot that went right across the goal no one was there. Then out of nothing Crespo who came on for JFH was clean through but hit it straight at the keeper. Mutu came on but should have came on far sooner and caused problems, then with time running out a deep cross by Bridge was picked up by Duff he hit a great ball in and Crespo was there to head it home another 3 points.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I didn't see the game but according to the report that I read Duff was the best player on the pitch. Also, Duff got 2 assists and a performance bonus in the premier league fantasy football. Thats a great boost for Duff ahead of the Ireland match this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The title of this thread would suggest that Chelsea were loosing or playing terrble and managed to get a draw or squeeze a win...

I think there was something mentiond to you about the title of your threads before...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

no Eire Duff had a v quiet game more effective in the first half than the second as Boro marked him out but 2 moments of brilliance won the game for Chelsea. Mendietta was the best player on the pitch.

Jesus all I was told was not to give the score in the title of the thread how come ur not on Mikes back in the Wolves thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I didnt see his thread... Apologies for the double standards...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I don't see why the old title was so bad. It was obvious from it that Chelsea got something out of the game but thats about it. If there was going to be delayed coverage of the game I would agree that the title shouldn't hold any info but unless you can avoid the score until the premiership tomorrow night you should lay off smuckers. Just an excuse for an argument.

Duffer didn't do many of his mazy runs today but I'll tell ya one thing he worked so hard at one stage helping out Huth and Terry.
    Bridge did quite well made vital interceptions and Johnson made an unbelievable tackle in the very last min another solid performance from Glen.
    Lamps was excellent in the first half but in the second half did go awol at times leaving Claude do all the work but he was back helping out making vital clearances when Boro were on an onslaught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

I thought defensively we were very good, considering it was a young defence, with the likes of Desailly and Gallas missing. Interesting quotes from Ranieri in the paper this morning :
    "The table might say we are close to Arsenal and Manchester United but we are not!" Fair enough comment ...

As for the moaning about the thread title - some people have little to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

rode our luck mendieta was awsome we didnt know what to do with him maybe we should buy him we were very poor and i dont think huth will be getting back into the team for a long time especially if the rumours linking chelsea to lucio are true

So Veron was left out as he had to bulid up his fitness in other words he's not working as hard as he should me.
    Mendieta was excellent but did v badly for Lazio and Barca lets see how he'll do on the course of the season.
    next is away to B'gham next Tue a draw would do and we're top then the big one at Highbury.

• Advertisement
Advertisement