Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A DVD Player that converts NTSC

Options
  • 05-10-2003 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

just wondering if anyone know if there is a dvd player that will convert the video signal from NTSC to PAL as i don't have a TV that supports NTSC playback

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭MartinHSabag

Yes.
    Actually most of the DVD players nowdays have that option.
    At the back of the player there would be a switch with: PAL/NTSC/AUTO which will determine in what format the video will come out (I have that on my LG DVD).

On Pioneer DVDs for example you set it with the remote - pressing on the "skip forward" botton while powering the DVD on - then choosing PAL or AUTO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

went into toterdells who had pioneers in stock and asked them about this but they said i needed a tv to watch NTSC.

Can you give me a make and model i should buy in order to do this also where did you get you LG.

thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭MartinHSabag

My LG came from abroad.
    I think any Pioneer should do that (like 355, 350, 366 etc.)

If you want my LG we can talk about it (as I have relatives coming over this Friday and they can get me another one...)

PM me if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

thanks for the offer and help. looks like i might be getting a jvc from techtronics.com

regards

Advertisement