Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

getting your licence?

Options
  • 05-10-2003 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Ive had my licence slip that says im quallified to have a full licence now for about 10 months but i havnt had the time with work n all to hand it in a recieve it yet!

Im workin 9-5:30 and when im in college its when ever i have the time to work... Is there anyway taht i can get my licence outside the 9-5 hours during the week? If i was to get someone to go down to the DMV(or what ever its called) can they hand it in and get it for me?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You can do it by post afaik. Get the relevant form from your local post office or garda station. I think your certificate of competance expires after a year, so you better do it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Get your skates on! You can post it in as Stephen said.

You'll have to do the test again if you don't apply within a year of passing the test and the waiting times are about 9 months and getting longer. :eek:

Check out
    oasis.irlgov.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

you have to apply within two years....otherwise its a resit
    i got my test last week and headed straight in there in case there was nuclear meltdown....i took no chances...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Johnny_Fontane
    i got my test last week and headed straight in there in case there was nuclear meltdown....i took no chances...
    I did the same when I passed. I was tempted to frame it and shout "Competent Driver, nah nah" but thought I'd rather have a refund from AXA instead. I chose wisely.

Advertisement