Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to set up vodafone MMS on the t610?

• 05-10-2003 7:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help me here?

I used the vodafone connection settings that are on a sticky on this board - but I'm still not doing it right... can anyone give me concise-ish details on how to do it on a t610?

...would vodafone entertain me if I went into one of their stores?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

To be honest you should be ok with the sticky Fidelis provided. What error are you getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by NoelRock
    Can anyone help me here?

hi Noel - the SonyEricsson's are a little tricker to set-up than others - they split the config into 3 places (rather than 2 on most other handsets) - but the Vodafone settings provided by Fidelis give you all the info you need - you just have to enter them into the right place

First off you need to make sure Vodafone have set you up with MMS - of not set up it usually takes a few minutes or has been know to taks as long as 5 months!! if you are unlucky...

Once that's sorted in the Connectivity main menu item you need to set up two items:

1) In Data Comm. you set up the MMS access point connection details, APN (mms.vodafone.net), username (dublin) and password (dublin)

2) In Wap Options you create a new WAP profile, setting the Connect Using to the MMS access point connection you just created in the first step, and specifying the WAP Gateway IP address (10.24.59.200)

Then in Messaging main menu item you need to set up the third item:

3) In Picture you enter the Options menu and set up the Message server (http://www.vodafone.ie/mms) and select the Wap Profile you created in the second step.

hth,
    BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 lectrosoul

to some that info is like abc but to others its confusing, if you cant follow these steps or have and it still doesnt work
    pm me and ill send the settings to you ota.. (as text) all you will have to do is push save and your phone is configured!!

disregrd if sorted i know it can be a real pain in the ass trying to get your phone just to do what it should lol!!

Word...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by lectrosoul
    to some that info is like abc but to others its confusing

that's the wondoururous world of bulletin boards - if it's too little one can ask for more :)

atb,
    BrianG

Defo!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

"3) In Picture you enter the Options menu and set up the Message server (http://www.vodafone.ie/mms) and select the Wap Profile you created in the second step."

That's what I was missing all along apparently - heh. Just added that in now and it finally worked :)!

Thanks dubwireless and lectrosoul - you've made my phone send pictures of me and my ugly friends :P I love you all.

Great to hear your sorted
    happy MMS'ing

now lets hope the prices drop, MMS and otherwise

word...

Advertisement