Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows XP view settings

Options
  • 06-10-2003 12:26am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

I have Windows XP Professional and did a fresh install a couple of weeks ago, as usual i keep losing the view settings.

If i setup My Documents a certain way it keeps losing the settings, and i have everything correct in Folder Options.

Is there a flaw in Windows XP?, is there a tweak or reg hack i can use so as it will keep each folders view settings?

Again i have the box checked for "keep each folders view settings"...no joy.

:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I just use classic for Everything
    (status bar on - web off)

There is a button so each folder can remember it's settings..
    And there are LOTS of patches for the GUI - so you might need to to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and see patches it suggests..

Also if you use profiles ( NTUSER.DAT ) these can hold settings too.

Alternatively you could create a shortcut to EXPLORER.EXE and add switches to it (v.messy)

explorer /e,"%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\My DOcuments"

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307856
    Explorer /n - This command opens an Explorer window using the default setting. This is usually the root of the drive on which Windows is installed.
    Explorer /e - This command starts Windows Explorer using the default view.
    Explorer /e,C:\Windows - This command starts Windows Explorer using the default view, with the focus on C:\Windows

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I presume you've tried the "Apply to all folders" in the view tab of the folders settings?

Advertisement