Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpools injury problems/ player shot in ass!!!

• 06-10-2003 8:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭

I know he's not a first teamer but with the way injuries are piling up he soon would have been.

Jon Otsemobor was shot in the ass while in a pub in central Liverpool - not sure how long that will keep him out for? Has anyone heard any more about this story???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I though we were on to another Hesky Thread when I saw the Thread Title. Just remove "In" and we could have an interesting story of how the other players have finally lost patience with him.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I'm not sure but I think I'd rather see Heskey coming off the bench then Diego Forlan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by p.pete
    I'm not sure but I think I'd rather see Heskey coming off the bench then Diego Forlan.

Lets not start saying things we can't take back!!!

Don't get me wrong sykeirl, they're both crap players to have on the bench but I think Heskey edges it. He has managed to score a few (being liberal with the truth there) important goals for us.

Apart from the Liverpool game last season I'm not sure the same could be said for Forlan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭marct

WTF...
    Liverpool defender Jon Otsemobor was one of three men shot in the early hours, police said on Sunday night.

Otsemobor, 20, from Speke, who has played one first team game, was shot in the buttocks as he sat drinking with friends in Slater Street, Liverpool.

An 18-year-old man from Garston was also shot in the hand and thigh and a 24-year-old man from Aigburth was shot in the leg.

Otsemobor, who was loaned out to Third Division Hull City in March, signed a new long term deal with Liverpool last summer.

• Advertisement

Hrmm, I dunno, are 3 assists better than a goal?

Diego Forlan
    Appearances: 8
    Minutes on pitch: 291
    Subs. (on/off): 5/0
    Goals: 0
    Shots on goal: 7
    Shots/goal:
    Assists: 3
    Caught offside: 5
    Crosses: 2

Emile Heskey
    Appearances: 7
    Minutes on pitch: 478
    Subs. (on/off): 3/1
    Minutes per goal: 478mins
    Avg goals/game: 0.14
    Pens taken/scored: 0/0
    Last goal: 137mins
    Goals: 1
    Shots on goal: 4
    Shots/goal: 4.00
    Assists: 0
    Caught offside: 2
    Crosses: 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭marct

Heskey had a great season the treble year but that was a LONG time ago. Both of them are'nt fit to wear the respective shirts IMO.

Originally posted by marct
    Both of them are'nt fit to wear the respective shirts IMO.

Heh, I better be careful... with Ian Harte looking like joining Forest, knowing my luck we may have a Forlan-Heskey strike force next season.

Do you have the stats for last season, bit early to be comparing stats for this season. Owen looks very good on paper this season but we all know it has mostly been penalties and my god he looked crap on Saturday....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Not much in it to be honest, both are crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

From a Man Utd supporter's point of view, Heskey is a better player than Forlan in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

...and so another thread dissapears up the ass of those contributing to it.....

Mike.

Originally posted by mike65
    ...and so another thread dissapears up the ass of those contributing to it.....

Mike.
    I think your spending too much time in the south east;)

Ostenbor is out of hospital and should only be sidelined for about a month. I'm sure this will be accompanied with a chat with the gaffer along the lines of you can have a career in football or you can spend you nights in bars.

Previous examples would be Murphy and Gerrard who now concentrate on football first and social life second...[edit]just read his ma says he doesn't drink an was out celebrating his friend having a baby....

Advertisement