Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy tv online?

Options
  • 06-10-2003 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

Hi, does anyone know of any irish sites to buy tv's from? im looking to buy a new 28" widescreen, preferably philips. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭MartinHSabag

why not shop around and see them head to head yourself first ?

I wouldn't buy something like a TV without seeing the picture myself first. Then I would look for the cheapest place, that's for sure.

Just my 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Would have to agree, I was looking for a 28" a few months back and thought about buying online but wanted to see the picture quality and so found it better to go round the shops and check out models, then i did an online search to find the cheapest place. There werent' many savings on the tvs i was looking at online and i ended up getting the tv cheaper in a shop.

The only irish site for 28" that was competitive was http://www.dwyers.ie/acatalog/Television.html although dabs.co.uk are supposed to be good.

Saw a nice sony in Currys for 599 the other day tho also.

Hope this helps

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

You could also try www.powercity.ie as they offer nationwide delivery though it would cost around €30 (Dwyers charge €15 outside Munster).

Dwyers are indeed pretty cheap it would seem selling a 28" Philips widescreen for €419.87 (note the website prices exclude VAT) and Powercity are selling them for €429.

Advertisement