Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD - Audio but no picture

Options
  • 06-10-2003 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a few dvds at home and when i play them in my dvd player the screen stays blue but the sound comes thru.
    They are DVD-r or DVD + R, not sure which, i have a feeling its the TV not able to display the picture rather than a problem with the DVD's or player.
    Any ideas ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Check to make sure that your DVD player is compatable with the disc. If you are trying to play a DVD-R/DVD+R disc in a player that is not compatable, that would explain your problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭MartinHSabag

What DVD player (make and model) is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

its a black diamond bd24dvd

The thing is it runs some of the DVD+R but not others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭MartinHSabag

check this for your DVD player's compitability.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

It seems to have been the TV that was causing the problem. New sony plays nearly all the DVDs except for 2 where as old tv wount display half of them. I think the old TV didnt support Pal 60 or something so no picture, just sound.

• Advertisement
Advertisement