Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thoughts about Le Tallec

• 06-10-2003 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭

What did the LIVERPOOL supporters think of Le Tallec's performance on saturday. I'm not too sure if he was 100% happy on the left of midfield. I have seen him put in some awesome performances since he arrived but in my opinion he just seemed a little bit nervous and sketchy when he first came on.

I hope this post stays on topic. We'll see though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I think the team lost a lot of it's shape after his introduction. I'm not blaming him for this though, Arsenal only started making an effort in the second half and a lot of the Liverpool heads were dropping.

He had a good effort that went narrowly wide and he remains a good prospect. I wouldn't say his confidence would be as high as maybe Ronaldos but I think Ronaldo has had more exposure at a higher level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I've seen him come in twice now and I thought he did well considering his age and lack of experience playing with the team. I only counted two of his passes going astray on Saturday against the Arse. He is an excellent passer of the ball with great vision and reading of the game.

GH shouldn't be playing him on the wings. He's a central player who would probably prefer to play in the hole similar to what Smicer does. After a few more runs out with the team in his preferred position I think he will look more comfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Rubbish, nah nothing special hasnt had much of a chance yet though what about that other dude yous bought ? my mate was raving about them both when yous signed them.
    Kewell had a good game agaisnt Arsenal but i think hes hit and miss
    best young player this season will be Ronaldo or McFadden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

You must be right so Rasta....

As I have said before, Ronaldo was outclassed by both Pongolle and Le Tallec in the last Youth championship. Le tallec getting Player of the tournamnet and Pongolle getting golden boot, but I am sure with your encyclopaedic knowledge of football, you knew that.

Best young player I see coming through this year if he gets a chance is either Le Tallec or James Milner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Delboy79

La Tallec is a special player , he needs a lot of time to adjust and to be played in his rightful position in order to progress into the player he potentially can be. Give the kid some time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

ronaldo has been thrown in to 1st team football already, and he's gonna get assaulted in the premiership for his constant diving!! this was a bad move by ferguson, as the lad has a bad rep alrady in the premiership, and after last wednesday, in europe aswell.

Le Tallac is fan-bloody-tastic, but being put on on left midfield was stupid by houllier. le tallac and Welsh are doing the businness beside each other for the reserves, but le tallac will come in to form nearer to christmas me hopes!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

le tallec is a good player alright, needs a few more games to show what he can do.

however pongolle is a much better player i think, would like to see him come off the bench. houllier doesnt usually buy well but i think he's for once got himself a bargain or 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I'd like to see him even be named in a team for a start, it looks like he could be getting a run sooner rather than later too with the injuries to the front men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I'm not positive about this but i think pongolle has only gotten one goal in the reserves and that was a penalty. He is probably just taking a little bit longer to settle but maybe he will be given a chance if we manage to build a lead in the Uefa match.

At that age it is hard to know the best strategies for introducing them and it is going to be different for each player. Fingers crossed he can make a dramatic introduction pretty soon:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

He was alright. Nothing special. He is a good player though, himself and Pongolle are two of the best signings Houllier has managed to get. Having said that, this season i imagine it will be Ronaldo being young player of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    You must be right so Rasta....

As I have said before, Ronaldo was outclassed by both Pongolle and Le Tallec in the last Youth championship. Le tallec getting Player of the tournamnet and Pongolle getting golden boot, but I am sure with your encyclopaedic knowledge of football, you knew that.

Aye that is what my mate was saying, hes a die hard pool fan. Anyway its early days yet but all that he was great in the youth championship means nothing to me.Cheryou hasnt dont much and was described as an excellent prospect same as Forlan
    I just hate hype

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

And forlan comes out with some deadly goals now and again...dont know whats up with that guy. Hes fast, can dribble and finish(sometimes!!!) and has good vision but i dont know!!! he is still ****!!!!

Advertisement