Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new to online gaming

• 06-10-2003 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi
    Just about to set up broadband from home. Want to try out some online gaming. Got Unreal about a week ago and really like it but expect I will get trashed big time online by people who have been playing it years.

Is there a way I can get to play against people of a similar level to me or is it a case of jumping in at the deep end till I claw my way up?

So any ideas?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Well going up against bots is a good start to get you familar with controls and general team play. Then the next step is usually finding a server with a not too bad ping and just playing.

You'll probably die quite a lot but there's no better way to learn than against people who already play it. Don't be disheartened by the constant death, it makes the times you actually frag someone that much sweeter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Right Amp hit the nail on the head there. I find it much better to play against higher standard players than you are you can learn from them (if u ask, most people will probably explain). U will probably get butchered but Ur only startin out so no worries just keep trying, and another thing if you kill an experienced player they will get very very pissed then u can rip the **** into them for a noob whooping his ass (will probably get kicked but its all part of the learning experince :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭qwertyphobia

Thanks for advice, got broadband now so I will give it a stab this weekend

xx

Advertisement