Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OMG!! about fr33kin time!!

• 06-10-2003 6:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭

FINALLY the sequal to (in my opinion) the greatest 3rd person action game of them all!!

http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne2/

its out Oct 24th!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

yeah, the gameplay clips make it look well sweet, bullet time 2.0 should be a good laugh (even if it defys the laws of physics)
    nice to see havok's physics engine put to good use in another game - they were planning on only using it for rag doll effects, then they saw the potential of it & went nuts:horned:
    'wan remedy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

Hope theres no freaky mazes :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Shred

Cool, I'll be having a large slice of this:cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Some how I get the feelings that the love story will be fairly naff and corny. Bullet time 2.0 seems like just a gimick that really doesn't add anything to bullet time. Hated the first game so I think I'll steer clear of this one especially since it looks like more of the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

max payne was one of those games that you either loved it or hated it there was no in between,

the game will be based alot on the original style of gameplay which means there will be loads more running around but ive been reading that rockstar games (company that made the GTA games) have jumped on board meaning that now max payne 2 has a very large budget so its as addictive as the first game cool john woo type gunfight in bullet time but with alot more eye candy

it looks mighty impressive but as i said its a bit like marmite you'll either love it or hate it

only time will tell i guess which

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

good game alright, pity "the sequal to (in my opinion) the greatest 3rd person action game of them all" hl2 cant freakin follow suit and pull their finger out.

this may tide me over till then....

true panda quiet true HL2 will probably be the best FPS the mother of em all if the damn thing ever gets released im now hearing april 2004!!! indeed max payne 2 should keep gamers going for a while

the one thing i found wrong with Max payne is the game was waaay to short

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yeah great game, i liked the freaky levels but hated bullet time made the game take too long. It was cool at first but then it got anoying!

Yea true spooky there were freaky bits in the game tbh i enjoyed bullet time immensily i still play max payne to this day this is just me now but i havent ever gotten bored of bullet time

alot of other games like blood rayne have adopted it too but as you said spooky MP2 will be more of the same really i doubt that much has changed

it will keep me going till HL2 anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

I didn't love MP, but I didn't hate it either, I guess I was kinda in between. Very good story line to it, kinda makes you wonder what the story line to the sequel will be/be like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

in relation to rockstar and 3rd person shooters, is max payne anything like out of the car in GTA gunning people down?
    i hate first person shooters but a purely 3rd person shooter game like that would be grand, anyone know a game as such?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by eyerer
    in relation to rockstar and 3rd person shooters, is max payne anything like out of the car in GTA gunning people down?
    i hate first person shooters but a purely 3rd person shooter game like that would be grand, anyone know a game as such?
    the syphon filter series are a good laugh, the first ps2 outing for the series should be out soon...
    the control scheme in max payne is a lot more refined than that in gta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

If you want solely 3rd person shooter I highly recommend X-Com Enforcer. Its great phun. Loads of great explosions, plus some great bonus levels as you beat the game on harder difficulties. You can leave your brain turned off for it though as it doesn't require much puzzle solving. But on the plus side you blast about 100,000,000 aliens during the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

i'm looking for a game with a similar feel to gta, focused on fun more than anything else, the only thing i didn't like in that game was the boats and helicopters/planes, so a game with anything else in it is good, must be on pc though

i liked the mission (in VC) where you made your way to the top of the cherry popper building to collect a briefcase, thats what made me think of a 3rd person shooter

you say x-com enforcer is fun, aliens is not really my thing, but i'll take a look if i can find it, it looks decent

more recommendations are welcome, you wouldn't recommend max payne for this sort of thing? refined could mean annoyingly complex and too many buttons to learn, eh?

Advertisement