Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just In Case Anyone Thought Health Boards Had Anything To Do With Health!

Options
  • 06-10-2003 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

This from RTE
    The Chairman of the Western Health Board has resigned in protest at the introduction of the new smoking ban in public houses.

Cllr Val Hanley tendered his resignation as chairman and as a member of the board at a meeting in Galway this afternoon.

His resignation is the most high-profile disagreement with the Health Minister over the ban.

It comes less than a week after widespread revolt over the ban at a meeting of the Fianna Fail parliamentary party.

Mr Hanley is a former Fianna Fáil Lord Mayor of Galway, and also a member of the Connacht Branch of the Vintners' Federation of Ireland.

Says it all really....

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

lol, the irony.

I should make a comment, but it's obvious really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think the chairman of the Southern Health Board is also a publican, Phoenix Magazine gave him a fierce slagging as he promoted smoking zones in "Irish Health"(?) magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I'd love to hear his reasons...

Advertisement