Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mario Kart: DD!! Bonus Disk Revealed

• 06-10-2003 6:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭

Pre-ordering Mario Kart: Double Dash!! will entitle you to a free bonus disk when the game is released. Gamestop have listed the features of the disk on their site, playable demos are;

F-Zero GX
    Mario Party 5
    Sonic Heroes
    Star Wars Rouge Squadron III: Rebel Strike
    Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles

The disk will also feature seven movies and, using a GBA/Gamecube link cable, you can download special unlockable content (weapons, abilities, new music) for Fire Emblem on the GBA.

As far as I know this has not been confirmed for Europe, there may also be extra features not listed here. So far, it looks pretty damn cool.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Shred

Hopefully the bonus will come with the European edition, not that I won't be picking it up if it doesn't:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

oh yay, A DEMO DISC!
    what a bonus, i must rush out & preorder this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Well whoopdy doo.....I cant contain myself :rolleyes: isnt F-zero out before mario kart ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

That bonus disc pales in comparsion to the Zelda bonus disc. But what would people want on the bonus disc??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Originally posted by clownboy
    But what would people want on the bonus disc??
    Can't really speak for anyone else, but my own answer would be: Super Mario Kart, in all its Mode 7 glory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by ObeyGiant
    Can't really speak for anyone else, but my own answer would be: Super Mario Kart, in all its Mode 7 glory.

I think Mario Kart 64 was expected, but I feel its unessessary to give away another Mario Kart game, they do share obvious similarities. And Super Mario Kart was already shrunk into Mario Kart: SC for the GBA so Nintendo would be wary about rehashing that again.

People here are acting like this is a retail-game, I mean, its free. Plus the demos are big, for example, the Sonic Heroes demo features two to three levels.

f®eak_s©enery,

I'm not disagreeing with you. i just don't see what they could give away with it besides a demo disc. Like Mario 64 would be similar and they are already trying to sell super mario kart on the GBA and on the GC with GBA adaptor. The Demo disc is good for a company who has stated before that they don't like releasing unfinished work or demo's to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Len_007

I'm still in shock that Ninty are releasin the game in PAL land before Stateside. I was going to import

I think they realise ther're ****ed in the PAL market without changing their attitude. Nintendo have a terrible attitude to European gamers. With the gamecube this attitude has been better then it use to be, but still bad. Animal Crossing deserves a release in europe. **** translation excuse.

Advertisement