Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A crash I saw ... pics

Options
  • 06-10-2003 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

I was in the van today on the Stillorgan dual carrageway. The traffic was really much heavier than usual, then I came across the reason for the traffic jams:
    (sorry bout pic quality, its a cheapo camera)

crash1.jpg

crash2.jpg

crash3.jpg

Ouch, I would'nt want to be the driver of that truck. Dont think anyone was hurt, but gotta ask ... how the feck did he manage to do that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Ouch is right !

Well done on getting the pics all the same.

My guess is that the truck was in the outside lane, decided to move to the inside lane, spotted a car there already, went to turn back to outside lane - but too late - truck got into a wobble and hey presto ! - rollover !!!

Lucky nobody was hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

Heard it on the radio, hope everyone was alright. looks bad all the same, but who's he insured with!!! I've got to get a quote!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ando you want to get that crack sorted before the doe test!

Also I heard someone say on Liveline yesterday (during a discusion on road fatalities) that the transporter was taking a corner/bend to fast and he lost it....was there a bend?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by mike65
    Ando you want to get that crack sorted before the doe test!

Also I heard someone say on Liveline yesterday (during a discusion on road fatalities) that the transporter was taking a corner/bend to fast and he lost it....was there a bend?

Mike.

He was turning from Foster's Ave onto the N11 southbound apparently.
    They speculate that that a gust from yesterday's heavy wind's blew it over, but I'd guess the wind would need quite a bit of help, in the form of an overzealous driver, and an already offbalance trailer methinks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by seamus
    They speculate that that a gust from yesterday's heavy wind's blew it over, but I'd guess the wind would need quite a bit of help, in the form of an overzealous driver, and an already offbalance trailer methinks ;)
    Carrying MPVs(?) probably didn't help with centre of gravity or wind drag. And they want to be able to put Ford Transit vans (or similar) on the **top** of these trucks (part of the demand from hauliers to raise the height of the Port Tunnel).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Anyone else here get that queasy feeling when sat behind those things...? Or a timber double trailer?

Mike.

Advertisement