Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virtual CD drive

• 06-10-2003 8:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Sorry for all the questions.
    I have a machine dedicated to the kids. They have broken the CD drive a few times now. I want to load all their games on the machine and disable the drive to save it being broken again.
    I have tried a demo of Virtual CD which was flaky. Anyone tried antoher one that is better?
    It is a Duron 800 running Win 98.
    Thanks, iwb

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Clone Cd or alcohol 120 can make virtual cd drives no probs,google them.

CombatCow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

i use virtual cd-rom 5 network edition
    with clone cd images..

flawless..
    supports most other common images formats too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Just use NOCD cracks on your games.
    I have all my games patched so they don't need the CD. I like to hop in and out of games at will and there's no way I could be bothered switching CDs. I run a very quiet PC and the CD drives are the noisiest part so I don't want one running for no reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

no cd's are ok but when a new patch comes out for a game you have to go lookin for a new crack for the patch:rolleyes:

CombatCow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Use Daemon Tools. It's free, it's tiny, it's really unobtrusive. (one icon in the system tray, dead simple menu) There are some addons here but I've never used them.

Totally the wrong forum, by the way. Moving you. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement