Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

United!!United!!!

• 06-10-2003 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I think that Man U will win the treble.They have the class,eperience,youth,best manager in the world and a class bunch of players.Any views???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

As them 118 guys say - Got your number...

BTW do you really think that ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Heresy

if they have eperience, I want some of it, (whatever it is).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Not to mention the confidence.

I like the way you have the words youth and experience alongside each other - very good;)

• Advertisement

No, but I'm trying a new theory that life is easier when you humour Man Utd fans.

They have Class and Experience alright.

Not a whole lot of youth (Leeds, Forest, Blackburn and Liverpool have better youth academies at the moment)

They have by and large a class bunch of players (with some very notable exceptions)

They have one of the best managers in the world. Top 10 anyway.

I don't think they will win the treble, they will be there or there abouts for the league and the FA cup if they decide to take it seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

They will win the league and can win the European cup if they don't meet Real along the way...anything else and id just be guessing! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I'm guessing if any team pulls off a treble this season it will be Chelsea.

With the squad they have the more games they have to share out among the players the better. Obviously Crespo isn't going to be arsed getting goals in the Carling Cup but that is when you hand matches to lesser players and they will bag goals thinking that it will put them in the shop window for a place in a CL match (which of course it won't).

Anyway, for what it's worth - united are playing very well at the moment and if Rio and O'Shea pull up their socks they will have a very solid defence. They do not have an abundance of cover for those defenders though and a treble is out of the question. They have plenty of midfielders but once you go beyond the first four or five the others in the squad are of dubious merit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by sykeirl
    Not a whole lot of youth (Leeds, Forest, Blackburn and Liverpool have better youth academies at the moment)
    I think United have on of the best youth acadamies in England. A lot of the players don't get there chance though because United are such a big club. There are a lot of players who have came up through the ranks: Giggs, Butt, Beckham, Scholes, Fletcher, O'Shea, Gary Neville, Phil Neville, and a lot more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Of course they will win it and do it again next year. And all the United and ABU's here will blow each other kisses.

Are you out on day relese or something

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Arsenal All The Way
    (well on the home front anyway)!!

Originally posted by eireboy
    I think United have on of the best youth acadamies in England. A lot of the players don't get there chance though because United are such a big club. There are a lot of players who have came up through the ranks: Giggs, Butt, Beckham, Scholes, Fletcher, O'Shea, Gary Neville, Phil Neville, and a lot more.

Maybe, but the clubs I mentioned are the big guns in the under-19 premiership over the past few years. Utd are't as strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i can't see Manchester United win a treble this year. maybe the FA Cup and automatic qualification for the Champions League
    Originally posted by yop
    Of course they will win it and do it again next year. And all the United and ABU's here will blow each other kisses.

Are you out on day relese or something

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I cant see Utd winning the treble either. The FA cup and League are realistic ambitions, They were poor in europe lat week and if they produce a display like that in the Knockout stage the its bye bye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 utopio

Don't think so, they lost against Stuttgart. How far will they loose when they play against bayern or Real?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

i cant beleive people are talking about Trebles, even manyoo fans.

Its virtually impossible to win the blue ribband treble and i doubt any team will be doing it again any time soon.

I dont say this often, but it really was a fantastic acheivement by the moaners to win it. Even with the massive amount of luck they had, keeping up in all competitions is something that i dont think well see again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

yes united will win the treble. But only because of that prolific forward of theres Va.... Diego Forlan thats the one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

even as a very optimistic utd fan, i can tell u now utd wont win the treble, maybe A treble which is still pushing it but certainly not the '99 treble.

the league is tough although i think we'll hang on to it, fa cup is always risky, anyone can beat us (remember westham?!) and the champs league is near impossible with the likes of ac milan, juve and madrid all in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brucealmighty

i cant believe people are talking about Trebles, even manyoo fans.

Whats with the plurals? Only 1 person has said they think manu can win the treble and that was the original poster. Big Ears is being sarcastic. (noddy must be out of town).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

if united want to do very well in europe their premiership challenge will suffer!!! i would like to see a treble (a quadruple if you include the community shield:rolleyes:)please excuse spelling back at Old Trafford but its a bit unrealistic!!!

Advertisement