Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

File Sharing P2P e.t.c

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭cmdrpaddy

B-K-DzR, BT made gave me the BSOD aswell, all i had to do was change network card drivers.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BitTorrent/message/1365

there was another page for other network cards but the site has exceeded its bandwidth usage for the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by cmdrpaddy
    there was another page for other network cards but the site has exceeded its bandwidth usage for the month.
    Oh, the irony!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭MunkyHed

Anyone know of a link for kazaa lite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

You should be able to get it on bittorrent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

using giFT with all the leety plugins and Giftui as a gui.

nyom Linux

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Anyone know of a link for kazaa lite?

er stop asking for links to download software please....its against boards rules to post them (plus for cristsake it takes all of 2 seconds to google for it how lazy are you people) Lets not beat around the bush theis thread are about how to steal copyrighted material and the best program to use............im considering closeing this and imposeing a more strict poicy reguarding Kazza and co related threads tomorrow

warezmonkey.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Pm me and i'll reply with the url of a webpage full of links for kazaa ......... keep the thread clean and the mods happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Originally posted by bizmark
    Lets not beat around the bush theis thread are about how to steal copyrighted material and the best program to use.

When I say such things I get sniped at; but when you say it it's all right :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    When I say such things I get sniped at; but when you say it it's all right :rolleyes:.
    In fairness, you were getting "sniped at" because of your let's all talk about warez posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Originally posted by Frank Grimes
    In fairness, you were getting "sniped at" because of your let's all talk about warez posts.

I wasn't saying that; I said everyone WAS talking about warez and in the middle of that thread someone told a poster to spray over what he is downloading and I sayd that's a ridiculous thing to do when it's quite obvious what he was getting and that the whole thread was about warez, exactly like this thread:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭dub_dan

does anyone else use Ares?
    I find it pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 bluedaemon

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    I wasn't saying that; I said everyone WAS talking about warez and in the middle of that thread someone told a poster to spray over what he is downloading and I sayd that's a ridiculous thing to do when it's quite obvious what he was getting and that the whole thread was about warez, exactly like this thread:).

Look the guy was just being careful not to piss off the admins - if you want to take the risks about being banned that's your business but the guy obviously didn't want to take the risk - so lay off, he's just covering his ass.

Originally posted by daveyjoe
    Kazaa lite is still a very good app, the new version 2.6 is on release candidate 5 at last check. You can't download Kazaa lite through the official channels anymore but you can still get it, if you look hard enough.

Noone is saying that it isn't (I hope), I loved KL but the fact is that Sharman has it in for KL and they have the ability to kick KL off FastTrack and some reports indicate that they are already begining to.Plus the guys behind KL++ have...well given up. Their website now recommends emule!

Personally I prefer Shareaza. Although you do have to stay connected a while before you get to the top of the queques and to some decent download speeds. I'm getting 8KB/s now which isn't great but it should go up soon (I hope).

What networks do you guys use? I'm connecting Shareaza to both Gnutellas (1+2/MP) as well as to the edonkey network.

direct connect, bit torrent stopped working for me and shareaza doesnt want to connect to anything. DC++ is great lots of sci-fi has been 'acquired' in a short time.:)

I hate shareaza, I've also found soulseek is pretty good, not as user friendly as kazaa but great content.

Originally posted by cmdrpaddy
    shareaza doesnt want to connect to anything.

Yeah I encountered that bug too but there is an explanation on the very top of their front help page that it is caused by the discovery services not refreashing properly and that the solution is just to download new lists of discovery services from the links provided.

Originally posted by ^whitey^
    I hate shareaza

what in particular? (Curious - does it have something I should watch out for?)

Nah its spyware free and all that, as far as I can remember

I just couldn't get the damn thing to work.....but I might give it another go after bluedaemon's suggestion.

So far though I haven't found anything better than soulseek for music and kazaa Lite for everything else.

Originally posted by ^whitey^
    So far though I haven't found anything better than soulseek for music and kazaa Lite for everything else.
    I love KL++ for music and movies but I found it completely useless for ...other... things. It just kept corrupting them! How did you get around this or did you just not encounter this prob?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Has anybody tried LimeWire Pro - it's now available for the PC, Mac (OSX & OS9) and Linux. Needs the Java update to work on XP but does the job fine for me - and no spy/ad/mal ware !!

Tinky

• Advertisement

Originally posted by tinky
    Has anybody tried LimeWire Pro
    What network is it on? Gnutella? I think I have seen it in Shareaza (what the perosn you are downloading from is using comes up).

What dows the Pro bit mean? Do you have to pay for it?

What is it's performance like (RAM/cpu load, etc)? - I have found most Java programs very heavy.

What network is it on? Gnutella?

Yes.
    What dows the Pro bit mean? Do you have to pay for it?

How else would you get it ??;)
    What is it's performance like (RAM/cpu load, etc)? - I have found most Java programs very heavy.

Not sure about that ! I use the Mac version and the system operates fine while Limewire is running. Have installed it on a couple of XP machines and it seems alright - just keep java up to date though !

Tinky

Originally posted by tinky
    How else would you get it ??;)
    It could have just been a version for advanced users from the name you know.
    And why pay for a p2p program? Kinda defeats the point of joining a communist co-operative if you are going to pay for the privilege.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

a communist co-operative

LOL! :D

(how true..)

Originally posted by Ancient1
    LOL! :D

(how true..)
    Glad you see the truth. :)
    Can't stand those in denial..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Zer0^

has any1 said "imesh" its more less the same as kazza more results tho i think neway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

The pro version of limewire just has some support functions and updates.

I got the basic version today and its pretty good. It runs fine on my system but i'm a java developer so its tweaked for java.

It runs fine on my system but i'm a java developer so its tweaked for java.

Which is why I mentioned that it is important to keep the java version up to date. Limewire wont work without Java installed and as WinXP does not come with Java you will have to download it.
    It could have just been a version for advanced users from the name you know.

:rolleyes:
    And why pay for a p2p program?

How else would you get it ? ;););););)
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Tinky

bluedaemon thanks for the info ill check it out now.

btw anyone interested in a new music only p2p should check out GLT Poliane, its based in brazil and is need of some users, its like audiogalaxy so it should turn out good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I would never use BT to download all the latest apps and games ... completely immoral, and I would _definitely_ not use Limewire for TV shows and movies .... I mean, HOW COULD YOU?? ... think of all the starving executives *sniff*...

Kazaa is filled with shit now ... the thing that gets me though is ... WTF do all those people hold onto a borked version of the file for??? (no they are not all **AA or affiliates)

Advertisement