Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

File Sharing P2P e.t.c

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 bluedaemon

Originally posted by tinky
    How else would you get it ?
    For free, duh! Open Source rulez!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

I would never use BT to download all the latest apps and games ... completely immoral, and I would _definitely_ not use Limewire for TV shows and movies .... I mean, HOW COULD YOU?? ... think of all the starving executives *sniff*...

get out more and look around :eek:
    nah, i dont really download much from BT, i just got a movie, which i never watched and some anime which i didnt watch either.
    I buy the music i like and i dont play games except counter strike etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ChessHacker

eMule is good.
    You don't get instant gratification but once online for a while, downloads speed up.

Very few corrupted files (which make Kazaa a disaster for popular [i.e. chart] stuff).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

which is the newest version of kazaa lite ++?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

klite.gif

Is the latest versions.

Their sites are constantly being taken down, there are threads on other forums out their keeping track. You can search google for these.

Also.. you download kazza media desktop (6.9Mb) and install kazaa lite opens the Kazza media desktop installation executable while installing itself.

I'm not sure if it prevents the spyware from being installed. If in any doubt, install diet-k and run it once to remove anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

soulseek is by far the best for any kind of alternative music, esp. electronic. speeds, interface may be slightly worse but content and sense of community is cool. also, supposing these riaa heads take a case against me for downloading britney spears, and as soon as i know i buy the tape, now when they come to prosecute me i can just go here listen pal i was just getting a digital copy of a piece of music which i own and am legally entitled to do. they cant prove that i just bought the tape when i was snared.

griffdaddy in no way condones piracy and is in no way responsible for people who get buggered by 'da copyright man'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Ive actually found "kazaa lite resurrection" (2.4.8)
    Seems to have been released after kazaa lite was "shut down" by sharman
    Kazaa%202.4.8.jpg

Seems good so far very little mal-ware

sean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by griffdaddy
    supposing these riaa heads take a case against me for downloading britney spears, and as soon as i know i buy the tape, now when they come to prosecute me i can just go here listen pal i was just getting a digital copy of a piece of music which i own and am legally entitled to do.
    That fair use mallarkey is USA only ... you have no such right here AFAIK
    Originally posted by griffdaddy
    griffdaddy in no way condones piracy and is in no way responsible for people who get buggered by 'da copyright man'
    I'm going to tell them griffdaddy told me it was ok ..:eek:

Advertisement