Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Extending Driving Licence period

Options
  • 06-10-2003 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if it is possible to get the period of your licence extended when it is not yet due for renewal ?

(e.g. - if your licence wasn't due for renewal until next May, could you bring it in this month and have it extended for, say, 10 years ?).

........ or would it be easier to do so if your licence was 'lost' ?

(Reason for asking - may be leaving Ireland for a few years).

Cheers,
    Silvera.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't see a problem I renewed my passport a few months early because I didn't want to be going to the USA on a passport with only 3 months left on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It says on the application form for a full licence that your licence must be in the last month before you can renew it.

Advertisement