Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BS3 (pity bout the initials)

Options
  • 06-10-2003 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

How was it that news of Broken Sword 3 <supposedly out next month> passed me by completely?

So who here remembers the first 2? :)

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Played a bit of it at E3, (apparently at E3 I was the only person to play it as long I did). My first impressions are good; it feels just like the old Broken Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I picked up the first Broken Sword on budget it recently. Like it so far but I've twice used a walkthrough to progress and I promised myself I'd stopped. I'm tempted to again though as I'm stuck in Ireland and unsure what to do.

How's that for art imitating life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

That BLOODY goat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

Played the first two games a couple of years ago
    Loved them both.
    Cant Wait to see what the third installment will be like.
    Should be a good buy when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by Swifty
    That BLOODY goat!

I remeber that goat well

What a bastard, i wanted to castrate the fing thing took me ages to find out what to do, but i gots it, summit to do with a ladder if i remember correctly

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Apparently it's not going to be like the other 2 as far as gameplay is concerned, the E3 video i watched showed george jumping and climbing and stuff. I don't know if it's a good thing that t they're going away from the point and click theme........i suppose as long as it's as good as the previous 2 in the puzzle stakes it'll be a great game.

Ireland rocked in the first game, MORE BEER HERE. They couldn't have created a more steriotypical Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Originally posted by i_am_dogboy
    Ireland rocked in the first game, MORE BEER HERE. They couldn't have created a more steriotypical Ireland.

or France or Syria or anything for that matter.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by i_am_dogboy
    Apparently it's not going to be like the other 2 as far as gameplay is concerned, the E3 video i watched showed george jumping and climbing and stuff. I don't know if it's a good thing that t they're going away from the point and click theme........i suppose as long as it's as good as the previous 2 in the puzzle stakes it'll be a great game.

I ask about that and was told it was there to let people get used of movement – it also fits into the start of the story with the airplane crash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I read a couple of articles about this and yer man Cecil said that because it's 3D were going to see more tomb raider style puzzles like pushing crates around. If theres one thing i hate its pushing ****ing crates around. Hopefully the story and dialogue are as good as the other two.

I thought Ireland was class in the first one.. the old guy in the corner sneezing constantly drove me crazy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Originally posted by Swifty
    That BLOODY goat!

Yeah, he even has his own theme music every time he knocks you down.

I also have to fix some guys pipes or something. I've wet a towel and then rung it over a drain countless times in the hopes that something will happen. I'm at one of those use everything with everything stages.

Apparently they're also going for a more gritty feel with the third installment. I felt from the get go that the graphics could've been a little less cartoony in Broken Sword; it would have leant a sinister feeling to it that would make it more compelling.

• Advertisement
Advertisement