Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

max payne II fall of max payne

• 06-10-2003 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭

this is meant to be released this month does any1 know if it's gone gold

i think the release date is the 24th of this month?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

It went gold today,24 oct in europe 15th in the us.:rolleyes: looks nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

Oct. 15th is PC release date.
    Had totally forgotten about this game.
    Really liked the first one.
    Just paid a visit to the site there, and it seems they've continued the same theme with the music. Really loved the music the in the first one.
    Perhaps there is a reason to update my pc now, after all.
    Seeing as HL2 has been put off.

Killian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

i went to game and asked them they confirmed that Oct 24 is the release date for MP2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I might not be looking forward to the game but it's nice to see a big release actually getting released early-ish for once. the last big game I remember that was released ahead of schedule was Tomb Raider 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

is it going to be released on any consoles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Will be out on Xbox and PS2 before Christmas. (December 3rd i think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

don't think it would run on consoles

maybe the x-box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Dec 3rd is the US release date for the Consoles i think

and yes they'll be out on Xbox and PS2 there the only consoles that Max payne 2 are being released on

i can check when the EU release of MP2 will be i'll see if i can find out i'll get back to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Does anyone know if P.C games are multi region a la console games? (Pal, NTSC etc) Ill be in L.A when Max Payne 2 is released, and if i can pick it up there i will, but i dont want to come home to find the damn thing wont run on my P.C :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

PC games will work on any PC, regardless of region.

(The sole exception that I can think of being, um... Quake II. For some very odd reason, the American version refused to run on machines set to anything other than US English. All other PC games that I know of have been fine, though...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

commandos didnt like it when the language was set to german in windows and refused to run. cant think of any reason though.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Ya, I bought MOHAA and UT2003 in the US in January and they ran fine back here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by Deadwing
    Does anyone know if P.C games are multi region a la console games? (Pal, NTSC etc) Ill be in L.A when Max Payne 2 is released, and if i can pick it up there i will, but i dont want to come home to find the damn thing wont run on my P.C :confused:

PAL and NTSC concerns on a PC! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Originally posted by Matt Simis
    PAL and NTSC concerns on a PC! :D

PCs being free and easy.....I feel all dirty now

back on toffee crisp...yeah MP2 looks very cool...hopefully the developers had a lot of time to create some original scenarios/moments that the first game thrived on...and hopefully too will the story language be just as colourful and descriptive as the last :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Falgorn

The only problem with Max Payne 1 was that it was too short and too repetitive.. having said that some of the scenes were so much fun, i found myself quickloading and re-doing them just for the experience. If MP2 can improve the gameplay, introduce some original concepts, and increase the game length it will be a real hit. Id also love to see battles in bullet time where you have accomplices, and more enemy ai.. would be poetic.

Are they gonna make a stab at multiplayer this time around? Dont know how they would do it, but it would rock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Argh, so what if the source code was stolen? How would that affect the game itself anyways? I dont understand. And besides, with it being stolen, does this mean we'll see some dodgy alpha or betas floating around the net?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Some games are released with Region coding on the PC. Interplay did/do this... The game when installing will check what country your PC is set as, and will fail to install if it is the wrong one...

The later infinity games were an example of this....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Achilles
    Argh, so what if the source code was stolen? How would that affect the game itself anyways? I dont understand. And besides, with it being stolen, does this mean we'll see some dodgy alpha or betas floating around the net?
    wrong thread:D
    and hopefully too will the story language be just as colourful and descriptive as the last
    if you download the zip file containing 6 gameplay clips from the official site there's a preview of the graphic novel.
    seems to be much improved without moving too far away from the originals style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Originally posted by Comic store Guy
    Id also love to see battles in bullet time where you have accomplices
    One of the vids released so far shows Max working alongside 3 or 4 other guys. He's no longer a loner.

Advertisement