Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV out?...

Options
  • 21-07-1999 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

what exactly do you need to output vga to a television from your 'puter?...talking somthing along the lines of recording mpg's etc. to video. You'd need two outputs wouldnt you?..sound and video.

Do you have to get a special card or can you rig somthing up yourself? smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

erm, i would guess that if you are using your tv near the pc then the sound would be from that. i think most of the cads like v3 3000 that have tv out also have audio out as well, but it would make more sense to hook it up to the hi fi anyway smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

There is a couple of ways of doing it.
    1) Have a video card with a tv out Please note if your usesing a separate 3d card (Vodoo, Vodoo2) It don't work sad.gif

2)Get a external vga to TV converter you can get them for about 100-150.

Kayos

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

i think Yum had set things up so he could watch tribes demos in his local pub. talk to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

eck, thought there was some special lead you could buy smile.gif.

Would be nice to watch Tribes/Quake demos in the comfort of your sitting room smile.gif)

Advertisement