Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GH in SGE fear

• 07-10-2003 10:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

did anyone else see this? he's worried that SGE influence at CFC will prompt him to to get his Liverpool players.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

GH is not the only manager who is worried about it. There have been a few managers who have mentioned this off the record but GH was the first to make some comment to reporters to the effect. Seems SGE was at Ibramovich's house and the next day Chelsea were rumopured to be looking for SG. I think it would be unfair if as England manager, SGE were to exert some influence over his players re them playing for Chelsea.

I think that the FA would have alot of trouble on their hands next year too if SGE was Chelsea manager and half the england squad followed him there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭marct

Now lads, in fairness, this is ridiculous...how likely is it that English players will play for Chelsea:D Just kidding, just kidding...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Think I saw that about 2 months ago smuckers. If sge is nominating players then he is likely to want players that he holds important to his international squad.

He didn't think that it was right for an international manager to have that influence over a club side. It was just a general reaction to the rumours at the time, not actually specific to protecting his own players (AFAIK)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Don't tell me Zlatan Imbramovic joined CFC Thanz 4 the Fish. :D

Advertisement