Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tongue piercing

Options
  • 07-10-2003 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

hi all
    i going to get my tongue pierced in the next week or two and i just wondering have any of ye had any bad expierences with tongue piercings.. and how long after the piercing do you have to wait for it to heal before you can start doing the normal stuff agin(eating solid foods... etc)

also has anybody heard anything good or bad bout v2 the piercing place in carlow????

tanx
    tommycahir

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dragon_ninja82

Hey man, until recently I had my tongue pierced. Loved every second of having it. Its not too long before you can eat normal ood again, allthough I hd to wait 4 days due to the massive amount of swelling I had, but most people I know with one didnt have anythin close to the amount I had so you should be grand. The only bad thing I found was (and also the reason I removed it) that I broke a tooth (not as a result of the tongue piercing) and I got a filling in it, but the filling was on the inside of my mouth and the metal ball on the tongue bar caused a shock every time it touched it. I coulda got a plastic ball for it if I could have stuck it out for a day, which I decided I couldnt and lost it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

[snip]Ancient post edited to remove offensive comment.[snip]

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

how profound, herbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

hi all i got it done and it wasnt as painfull as i thought
    just was annoying that i wasnt able to eat properly for 4 days afterwards.. OH by the way herbie the the women love the piercing... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

4 days? You got lucky! I was living on water, milkshakes, and bits of bread rolled into a small ball and pushed gently to the back of my teeth for just over a week! I think I angried it trying to eat burnt pizza the day I got it done :rolleyes: LOL!

• Advertisement

a week god that must have been agonny..
    the only thing that bugging me now is that the bloody bar is so long.. mainly cos i had to get mine put in 6mm further forward than normal.. so it really close to the front of the tongue..
    other than that i totally happy with it now...

get it changed after about 2 weeks for as small a length as your tongue can handle, thats what i did anyways and it felt like it wasnt there after. great stuffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 AcEy

Does it wear away your teeth, I heard it does and considoring my braces costing money my perants have some sort of unpleasnt reaction to the idea. Wouldnt a plastic ball stop that though?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Does it wear away your teeth

I want a job scaring people for a living
    Do you own a toothbrush you know how to use? You'll probably be fine then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by AcEy
    Does it wear away your teeth, I heard it does and considoring my braces costing money my perants have some sort of unpleasnt reaction to the idea. Wouldnt a plastic ball stop that though?

If a good piercer does your tongue it'll be positioned in a way that the barbell won't bang off your teeth constantly. If you want to be super careful then yeah you can use teflon balls on the bar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭hipchick

I have mine done now for years....have taken it out few times but feel naked without it!!

As far as your teeth go get a barbell with plastic balls they don't do as much damage.

Enjoy it!!!!

i've had mine about 2 years, no problems, and still got the titanium/steel/whatever-the-fvck-they-are balls on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

tommy??

How were they in V2??
    I'm thinking of getting Pierced aswell but I'm kinda broke ATM!!

Originally posted by herbie747
    Women only get their tongue pierced for one reason ...

herbie747 banned (for being a dick...how ironic).

ShayK1

they grand down there i have no complaints either does the girl that i got hers done the same time as me..

itll set u back €60 though but thgat includes the change of the bar to a smaller one

Originally posted by tommycahir
    ShayK1

they grand down there i have no complaints either does the girl that i got hers done the same time as me..

itll set u back €60 though but thgat includes the change of the bar to a smaller one

€60!! Celestial ring charge €45, and all the reputable piercing places include a change of bar in the price.

i new that €60 was a bit dear but i just dont have the time to head to dub..
    so v2 was the handiest for me..

Originally posted by tommycahir
    i new that €60 was a bit dear but i just dont have the time to head to dub..
    so v2 was the handiest for me..

ah ok :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 xcutiexamberx

Hey all..it's me again, sorry to sound so negative but the worst thing i ever did was get my tongue pierced..the man went through a blood vessel and it was constantly bleeding, in the end my friend had to ring a nurse up and i had to take it out and put pressure on it to stop the bleeding, its a bit ok now but just think twice before you get it done..it maybe down to whoever is doing it and im sure going to push things further as i lost a quite a bit of blood..:(

hope every1 is ok :)
    x amber x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

A good piercer will check your tongue thoroughly for veins and will tell you if it's impossible to do without hitting one. If you go to Celestial Ring or Snakebite or a reputable place you'll be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 blake.f

hey everyone
    i am 14yrs old and i really want a tongue piercing i am not gay and i have seen other boys at my school have it done what should i do have it done? or not? what ever is safer for me lol

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

blake.f wrote: »
    hey everyone
    i am 14yrs old and i really want a tongue piercing i am not gay and i have seen other boys at my school have it done what should i do have it done? or not? what ever is safer for me lol

Don't get it done. Not yet anyway. Nobody should be piercing 14 year olds.

Also, this is a full stop -> .

Use it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

It is also commonly known as a period. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

any decent piercer wouldn't pierce you at 14, parents permission or not...well not tongue anyway, seen far too many 12yr old girls with belly's done but anyway...
    I'm all for fella's with tongue piercings but don't do it till yer 18, and go somewhere decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

blake.f have you found somewhere that'll pierce your tongue at 14? my mate is 17 and was told wait till he was 18 cause it was sexual harassment, dunno if thats a fairy story or what but...

Also, he was told that then they pierced his tongue web? odd...

sadly my tongue bar is destroying my teeth, entirely my fault if im not nawing on that im nawing on my lip bar!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

haha, im pretty sure it's not sexual harrassment , but as far as i know, it can be construed as assault on a minor, or something to that effect.

blake.f, definitely definitley wait until you're old enough for a decent piercer to do it for you. there's so many horror stories out there from the irreputable people and places, it's not worth the damage you could do for the sake of a couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

and a side note about tongue piercing infections? ye don't know you have one till you wake up in hospital with blood poisoning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 blake.f

jenizzle wrote: »
    Don't get it done. Not yet anyway. Nobody should be piercing 14 year olds.

Also, this is a full stop -> .

Use it!

well my parents have enough money to get a proper tounge piercing done and i no what a ful stop is derbrain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭DILLIGAF

wow.....all the help and advice he's being offered and he acts like a tit....erm...sorry...I mean a 14 year old! Yeah your definitely too young to have it done little man, and if your parents are willing to pay for it then shame on them! No personal dig at your parents so dont start givin me jip about it!:D But I don't think they should support a piercing like that at your age! Your ear lobe or top of your ears cartilage is more than enough. But I assume your not getting it done because your school wont allow it or something, but they wont notice your tongue right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

the most reputable places, eg snakebite will refuse to pierce underage people even with their parents present. so you still wont be able to get it done properly.

Advertisement