Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tongue piercing

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 EmilyN

Hey, I know I'm like the millionth person to write on this subject but here we go..
    Getting my tongue done on Friday (eep)
    I have like zero tolerance for pain, I almost cried getting my bellybutton done !
    I think I'll be grand after the actual piercing I just know the needle will hurt me more because I'll be soo syked up over it!
    Anyways.. big plans for Saturday night and all this 'no alcohol mouthwash' business is leading me to assume I can't go out for drinks then can I? :/ anyone know whats the worse that can happen? :)
    thanks a million!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I went on the lash the night i got my tongue pierced, such a stupid move on my part. My tongue swelled so much more than it should have and couldn't talk, or even close my mouth properly as my tongue was jutting out over my teeth. Had to get the bar lengthened I think, can't remember but totally stupid move on my part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I went on the piss and was eating pizza(very slowly) within 3 hours. Don't copy me, I have a freakishly wolverine like immune system

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Could you not wait until after Saturday to get it done? You'll have a much better night without having to worry about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

yes honestly i would wait until after saturday. it will totally drag your evening down sitting there looking at everyone having a drink or twenty and you can't. and you will also be watching what you eat. not the most enjoyable night out IMO

• Advertisement

yeah I had originally planned to get it done Sunday but the place i want to go to won't be open.. and by next weekend it will be too close to my leaving cert oral exams, that wouldn't be too pretty !
    I dont mind not eating cuppa soup and I'll be happy out :D
    Just the drinking part.. :/ I have the immune system of a horse and like a massive supply of anti histamines so I'm thinking 2 or 3 glasses of wine might only prolong my suffering for a day or 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

can you stick to only one or two tho? when ur out and ur mates r lashing them back??? i know i couldn't! :D

okay so i got the tongue done, piercer told me i could do whatever i wanted really once i wash it and dont eat crisps.. went for a drink straight after it and its fine hasnt swelled too much, speech is still perfect.. my throat hurts a bit and so does the site of the piercing but i assume thats all normal. no complaints :)
    Except it hurt like mother****er getting it done, and i dribbled EVERYWHERE! it was SO sexy..

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭6328

Hey , I want to get mine done soon , but I dont know how pain and that. Some have told me its not sore where as others told me its cruel. Before I got my eyebrow pierced people told me its a nasty pain, worse than getting blood taken, whereas I didnt find it sore at all! I am one for feeling pain though!
    Was it sore honestly?

torture. worse than a root canal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭6328

i never had root canal so i cant really understand what pain that it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

I went on the piss and was eating pizza(very slowly) within 3 hours. Don't copy me, I have a freakishly wolverine like immune system
    torture. worse than a root canal

Both these posts made me burst out laughing at work! Nice job!

I went on the piss and had pizza after getting mine done too. However the pizza was falling out of my mouth as I was trying to swallow it. Ha! Twas fine after a few days bar a bitta slurred speech(not due to going on the piss).

Posting here because I took mine out after a few years (I kept taking it out and putting it back in as I liked the feeling of it :rolleyes: I did this drunk and lost the ball, woke up next morning and it had closed over before I could get another one :().

I want to get it done again - easily my favourite piercing and boy do I miss it. However you can still see where it's been pierced, v noticeable slit at the top and a bit of a bubble underneath.. Have I ruined my chances by acting like a dickhead years ago? Can they pierce through the scar (?) or will they pierce another part??

Living out of town so I won't be around to ask in the studios anytime soon and I'm afraid I'll get excited about getting it done only to be told I can't and have to go home... :(

pretty sure they can go through the tissue, but if not they can pierce right under or above where it was

^^ see can be helpful when proper questions are asked ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Got it done today :). Feels real weird but not too bad at all. Apparently the pain will kick in tomorrow morning! Fun times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

It's not really the pain, it's the swelling you shouldn't be looking forward to :P Good luck with the healing! It'll be worth it in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

No swelling today! Guess I got lucky :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Got my tongue pierced in 2007, no pain but the swelling was unreal and it was sore,,, after that it was brilliant, loved playing with the long bar so i left it inside,,,, then i went for taking it out for an interview and droped the bar down a life shaft, and this was late saturday, by monday it was closed, so i just left it out,,,,

Was walking past the piercing shop today and said **** it, i'm getting it pierced,,,, went in and the piercer had a look at it,,,, i think he went through the scar tissue that was there already,,,,, this time however it hurted like ****,,,, it was only unreal,,, can't remember it the first time,,, within a half hour it had swelled,,,, plently of water and nurofen,,,, I've noticed a pain in my jaw and am hoping that he didn't clip a nerve or something,,,, anyone have this before??????? cant wait to be able to enjoy it again.... it was savage last time

Advertisement