Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

who is the best keeper in the premiership?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Muppet, stop being deliberatly obtuse.

This is an example of a united fan blithely ignoring the facts and voting along party lines:
    Originally posted by woosaysdan
    Ivoted for Howard because im a Man Utd fan. If I didnt imo it would be like me cheering on another team when they are playing against Man Utd!!!

Big Chiefs quote shows that he is willing to vote for any keeper based on witnessed facts, something entirely different to Woosaysdan and the original poster's blind faith. The quote is an example of something that the manu muppets on this board dont seem to have - impartiality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Posted by Dustaz

Muppet, stop being deliberatly obtuse.This is an example of a united fan blithely ignoring the facts and voting along party lines:

which part of "As I said earlier I have not said who i voted for but i dont see any reason why howard should be discounted" do you find difficult o understand.

Howard is still top of the poll with 15 votes and consideing he is keeping a world cup winning goal keeper out of the first team at td he can't be too bad.
    :D

Think i might vote for him myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by The Muppet
    which part of "As I said earlier I have not said who i voted for but i dont see any reason why howard should be discounted" do you find difficult o understand.

Er none, what are you talking about. I dont care who you voted for, I was continuing on the thread that a lot of howards votes are from those who show blind loyalty to utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

i must say howard is a great keeper. he is a penalty EXPERT and seems a pretty good shot stoper.

however his 1 weakness is on crosses, the communication is poor between the keeper and defence at times. although he is better than barthez. barthez is a massive name and big star, he is a superb goalkeeper, bar all the messin about. keeping barthez out is not an easy job.

barthez is still one of the better keepers in the premier league, better than some of the above in that list. cuidicini is the best at the moment i think, with howard 2nd. he has no weaknesses and pulls off fantasic saves. mind u, chelsea have a solid back 4 so maybe they make him look good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Ivoted for Howard because im a Man Utd fan. If I didnt imo it would be like me cheering on another team when they are playing against Man Utd!!!

The question is 'Who is the best keeper in the premiership'.

It's irrelavent who you support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

The question is 'Who is the best keeper in the premiership'.

The poll is flawed to be honest as there are some notable exceptions. Surely all prem keepers should have been listed or did you only list the ones you rated highly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

WHERE THE HELL IS ANTI NIEMI ???

Its not a coincidence that Southampton have one of the best defensive records in the Premiership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

they were the first 9 goalies that came to mind and thats why i put in the other option!!! as for howard changing a result of a game united should of been bet 3 or 4 nil yesterday only for his saves!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    What I am trying to figure out is why Howard is in that list and Lehmann isn't. They have both been at there clubs for the same amount of time and they haven't had a lot of time to prove themselves. I could bet you one thing tough, There has been no votes so far for an "other" keeper but I bet if Lehmann was up there he would have one or two votes just like all the Man U supporters voted for Howard.

i was thinking the same. Its the same list as UTV bar lehmann, cos it was started by a man utd fan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

no cos as i said before i only picked them off the top of my head muppet read the other posts!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Howard also won the best keeper vote on Sky Sports. If he had've signed for Charlton I bet he wouldn't even be on the list. I still can't get over how many people think he's the best because United signed him, remember Taibi, Bosnich, Ricardo... I agree he has made a good start but he still has to prove himself over a long enough period, at least a season. I would say that he will make it big but he hasn't done anything yet that Friedel, Given, Cudicini, Keller, etc haven't done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

what weve learnt from the thread so far : many(oo) people voted for howard because u know why. howard should be rated over a season and not 14 prem games.although in my opinion he is a strong goalkeeper and will at least be one of the top four goalies after that. Because of this thing about howard i say given should win the poll for no particular reason except im a newcastle and ireland fan ww) ( thats not the reason i voted for him though hes just class )

Advertisement