Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need your help lovvies

Options
  • 20-07-1999 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

Lads, tryin to set-up a stoopid 2 computer network jus usin 2 cards an a cable, both have ip's and id's, set-up TCP/IP - IPX etc etc, jus as you would if ya had a hub (cos I know how to do that) but it won't work! Is there somethin really simple I have to change to make it work?? Any help would be muchly appreciated, a pint for the man who saves my job!

luv u all..... even the kingpin lads

juNk laa

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

have you setup all your protocols and enabled microsoft client for ms notworks?

workgroups the same??
    what type network cards have you??

and did you wire the cables ( what sort?) the same as the hub way or else for a direct notwork?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

First off, Barry ya Bint! I can use puters, I'm deadly. wink.gif

Secondly, their both 3com 10mb cards an I'm usin the cable I used at QP to connect to a hub, fairly standard one like. And yes everything that your man Scrub said is correct, everythin looks grand, I have everythin installed but still no joy, I'll try the driver thing now anyway.

thnx lads

juNk laa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

No no no.

The cable is your problem id say. First off, if your connecting directly to each pc with no hub you NEED a Crossover cable. If you connecting to a hub, its either your nw cards or your setup.

Let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SCRUB

Dont know much about setting up hubs etc ...
    use coax ..its easier smile.gif

SCRUB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

DAVE U FAT FUKK!!!!!! GET A LIFE LEPER BOY!!!! AND GIVE MY MA BACK HER KNICKERS B!TCH!!!

thought this thread was too long not to have an annoyin muppet come and fark it up. That's all folks.....back to work!

goo laa eff bee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Dave-how come you always leave the pub when its your round?

Ven(where did the little ******* go?)om

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

ROFLMBO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Hahahahahahahahaahah.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ammm what cable are you connecting the PC's with. If your using a standard patch cable it won't work. You need to use a crossover patch cable.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

Face it Dave u jus can't use puters smile.gif

ya kingpin wannabe

the biterness is fierce

bstep@tinet.ie
    news.quake.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Are you using BNC connectors or the 'phone-connecter-looking-cable??

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you need a hub if you use the 'phone-connecter-looking-cable? That wasn't in the original post.

Stick to the BNC cableing and nice terminators for those small LANS, 'tis your only man.

I've just come back from the Kristin Hersh gig for anyone who's interested and she was fupping amazing...

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭SCRUB

I just set one up in my house there , and it took f**king ages to setup and find out what was wrong with it
    I had a 3com Etherlink 3 3c905b combo card and to get it working i had to download the latest drivers to get it to work , the win 98 drivers that it had for it didnt work ..they were arse.
    Basically if you have your network card detected properly ...ip address setup the same (except for the last part ie. 150.100.100.X) subnet mask the same 150.100.100.100 and client for microsoft networks installed you should be able to connect to each other ..if everythng looks ok and your still not connecting ..get the latest drivers ....worked for me

ps. when i was installing the latest it had it down as an etherlink 10 3c509b ?? ...jsut to let you aware of it

SCRUB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Yeah I went to see her on Monday too, she was a lot more rock-like than her album stuff but enjoyed some of it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

yep dave, as eric said, crossover cable, instead of standard cat5 one, else get a hub, or get combo cards with some co-aux and terminators...

wish my bro would give me his hub...

Ro.

Ronin
    ronin@qamex.com
    www.qamex.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Ronin is right. It acts in the same way as connecting 2 pcs together via the Com ports. You have to cross the wires when connecting using serial cable. (Null Modem connection). Same is needed for network connect between 2 pc's when not using Hub.

Advertisement