Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looks like ye'll be stuck with Murphys

• 07-10-2003 5:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭

... or the Demon Guinness.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2003/1007/beamish.html
    Brewery union talks on protective notices
    October 7, 2003

(13:49) Union officials are meeting with workers at the Beamish & Crawford brewery in Cork today after the company issued protective notice to its 150 employees yesterday.

The brewery faces possible closure as a result of the company's decision.

Management said it had been left with no option but to issue the notice after some employees refused to operate new shift procedures in the lead-up to the busy Christmas period.

Beamish & Crawford has been brewing in the city since 1792 and was bought eight years ago by British group Scottish & Newcastle.

The company produces Beamish Stout, as well as Miller, Fosters and Carling lager brands.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I don't drink the stuff but I wouldn't like to see B&C close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

We have Shandon Stout too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Dont drink Beamish myself but it'll be a pitty to see them close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I think it'll be ok - according to the echo (so it must be true) some staff are refusing to work new shifts which are required by an increase in supply/demand. That sounds like it'll all be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

many is the pint of beamish that i have consumed. i myself am a murphys man but losing beamish and crawford would not be good for the city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,037 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Originally posted by deRanged
    I think it'll be ok - according to the echo (so it must be true) some staff are refusing to work new shifts which are required by an increase in supply/demand. That sounds like it'll all be ok.

In a strange phenonomen reported in the Beamish & Crawford brewery, the skin of the workers working the new harder shifts has mysteriously darkened in colour. Officials at the plant say it may have something to do with their skin becoming more like the colour of the beverage and has nothing to do with their employment practices.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement