Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zelda: Collector's Edition announced

• 07-10-2003 6:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭

True Zelda Love
    Earlier this year, rumors ran rampant that Nintendo would release another Legend of Zelda bonus disc (similar to the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time pre-order bonus) that would contain several of the classic titles. But with no confirmation from Nintendo the rumors were discredited and all prospects of a Zelda compilation disc were forgotten.

However, Nintendo has recently released artwork to retailers depicting a Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition disc. The disc will feature The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, and a demo of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. From the available artwork, it looks like this disc will be included as a pack in with new GameCubes, although we hope we'll also see it as a bonus for those who order The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords. While it most likely will be a straight port much like the Ocarina of Time disc, this is still a must have treat for all Zelda fans.

We'll update you with release date and how exactly to obtain as a copy as soon as the information is released. Meanwhile, check out the artwork yourself in our media pages below.

Link to the artwork (bad pun).

Source: IGN.com

Holy mother of crap that is so damn, freakin' cool. I'm buying a second Gamecube. Those planning to get one now (for €99) should damn well wait for this, if it makes it over to Europe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

But I already have a Gamecube :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Wasn't Zelda 2 a cr*p side-scrolling game?

And Majora's mask, although I've never played it, isn't supposed to be that good.

And I already got OOT with WW.

Not that good really. Still, if it's bundled free with something it's not that bad either I suppose.

What I'd really want is A Link to the Past.. only then you'd have no need to buy their GBA port :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd sell my GC and get a new one just for this pack. I hope it will be sold separately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Goodshape, Get the addon for the GC which allow you to plug in GBA games and play them through your GC. Acutally it's coming free with GC's in HMV last I saw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I wonder what the GBA games would look like a big widescreen tv. Probably ****!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well the GBA screen has proportions quite close to a 16:9 widescreen tv. The problem is the blockiness and bluriness. If only they used some nice interpolation effects like on the neorage and zsnes emulators. It wouldn't have killed the GC in processing power either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Retro the GBA aspect ratio is nearer that of a standard 4:3 tv than a 16:9 widescreen

4:3 equates to 12:9
    GBA ratio is 3:2, which equates to 13.5:9

Advertisement