Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Near post corners

Options
  • 07-10-2003 8:44pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

This is getting really fuppin annoying. I've conceded about a third of my goals this season from corners (around 15/45). They are always identical, a corner is played short to the near post where its headed in by the near post. What can i do to stop it? i have the team on 2 def set piece practises a week and it still happens?

It seems like a bug tbh. I could accept if i was conceding from far post corners aswell as near post ones, but im not. Virtually identical every time. My defenders are decent in the air also.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I score loads of goals from near post corners
    You can tell players what to do for attacking corners so I assume you can do the same for defending them try put a big man on the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Delboy79

What way is your defense setup for corners. Is there anyone watching the near post or is it been left wide open. Use one of your fullbacks if you want to keep your two centre halves in a more central role when defending corners. Check and see what capabilites this player has before puttin him to mind the near post like is he a good tackler , good at heading the ball as you will need these to try prevent leaking goals

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Check which of your opposition strikers is the big jumpy heady one, then mark him with your best DC with good jumping heading strength aggression anticipation,

also make sure as Delboy said that you have both your fullbacks guarding near and far posts.

check your GK to make sure he has good aerial ability and stuff, maybe he's crap in those areas,

play them at their own game, I got Wesley Sonck for 2.6 million and when told to "Near Post Flick-On" for corners he got about 12of them the whole season, tell your best jumping and heading strikerto do the same, maybe a big DC challenging GK, and other DC attacking far post

who are you playing as?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

tell your best defenders to mark the near post!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

ty, ill try those suggestions.

im playing as sheff wednesday, so i dont have too much choice in my players. just starting the 2nd season, i finally finished 12th last season after spending the first half of the season bottom of the table.

My transfer funds are 50k, so ive adapted the policy of just loaning players to keep me afloat while i try and bring up some youth players and play off a 16mill bank loan. I have Nano, Haruna Babangida, Peter Crouch and David Aganzo on loan. 2 wingers and 2 forwards who are good in the air. Didn't bother getting defenders cos last season i had one of the best defences and one of the worst attacks.

// edit for spelling

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Ivan Alonso once got 4 goals from near post corners for me in one game against betis in a top of the table clash and Jan Koller near post headers won me the world cup so it is an extremly effective tactic

Advertisement