Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absinthe in ireland

Options
  • 07-10-2003 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Can anybody at all at all, tell me the legal status of Absinthe in ireland. I know you can get it in a few places, but is there any shops where i can get some for myself? obviously haven't looked very hard!!:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I'm off to Prague early next month and can get you some for fraction of the price you will pay here ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 edhunter

hhhhhmmmmmm.... spit and handshake?????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

You could buy it in Donnybrook.
    Dunno if they have it anymore, and dunno the name of the place you could buy it. But it was for sale at some mad price.

Hi Ed ,
    If you want it , I am going over on 07/11 and will get you the stuff . Just PM me closer to the date to remind me .

Are you sure you want it , I brought back a bottle last year and we fed it to one of my mates , he was green for 3 days , says it was the worst experience of his life ..

But hey you wont know until you try .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

I've seen it on sale in supermarket off licenses. iir I saw it in the Bloomfield's Tesco in Dun Laoghaire. I'm not sure if it is the "genuine" article or not.

I remember having it at a cocktail party once...finished us all off.

davej

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

i saw it in obriens a few months ago about 80 euro a bottle.
    many bottles are not the real deal, i.e. high in thujone, some are just flavoured that way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

It is rockett fuell i used to work in a bar for a few years one of the lads brought back a bottle of this stuff. we decided after work to have a few of these made them the proper way.
    1 You get a spoon fill with sugar soak in absent.
    2 you get a lighter melt the sugar and the absent toghetter you get a kind of a syrup.
    3 get your shot glass fill it pour the syrup in lash it back into ya and suffer trippy **** when mixed with the sugar, brings out a sort of a Lsd effect.
    Sweet ****:p :p:p:p mmmmmmm now i want some again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

/me huggles his bottle of Absinthe

ww)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭IrishPug106GTi

I have a bottle and a half at home for the last two years. Bought it in the Canaries. 70% proof.
    My brother lives in Liverpool and some of the bars over there make you sign a waiver before they serve it to you. Jungle juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Originally posted by IrishPug106GTi
    I have a bottle and a half at home for the last two years. :o:p Jungle juice.
    more like rockett fuell :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭paulthelegend

haha jasus 80 a bottle ive two bottles left from a trip away last year brought home a good few, id be tempted to sell one bottle for 50 euro :) 70% proof, rodniks is the make of this one.
    actually on second thoughts i doubt id sell it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭technobob

its actually illegal to purchase absinthe outside the checzh republic as far as i know

and illegal to import it into this country

Not illegal to import .. Bloody customs took a look at it and reckoned I was mad for drinkin it .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

i saw a bottle in the pub whelans in wexford street. taste the vile stuff before forking out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

how much is a bottle in its home country?
    i'd be interested in getting a bottle, iof anyone would help me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

hi guys

sharkey just rang me,

hes in prague the lucky t0sser!

its under 6 euro for a half litre of the stuff,

anyone that wants some pm me and i will give u his number to ring or txt,

he said this is no probs ,

cheers
    D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 desfiddle

rubadub wrote: »
    i saw a bottle in the pub whelans in wexford street. taste the vile stuff before forking out for it.

I think its its lovely. Harsh but nice. I had some 80 proof of a friend who brought it back from greece. Definitly the real deal, very trippy. Had some more in Germany but not nearly as good. If anyone going to greece and willing to bring back a bottle I'll pay for a second bottle for who brings it. Really nice drink as a one off change of scenery but wouldn't recommend it on a regular basis.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

This thread is fecking ancient. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement