Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disconnections

Options
  • 23-07-1999 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Just wondering if anybody else has had real problems with constant disconnection playing Q3 in the last few weeks.
    It was running fine for me before that, but since then I get d/ced a lot, and get a lot of horrible lags within the game, which don't disconnect me but do run me into walls, lock up movement, knock me off bridges, etc.
    I'm connected with Indigo, and have a 33.6 modem; nothing's changed on my system to make a difference.
    Anybody have any ideas for fixes ('get ISDN' is not really an idea) or been experiencing similar problems?
    Also, this problems seems to be worse on the IGN servers than on Barrysworld or other European ones; any reason for that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

not that I've noticed no, although I haven't played too much q3 since the new release came out. are you having similar problems on q2 or qw on ign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Darkedge

might be if you go over 40% packet loss
    you get d/c'd

not sayin its true.
    but i have heard rumors

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

same thing happening to me in quake 2, using Indigo. massive packet loss and constant disconnections. This has only started in the past 3 weeks and has seemed to have gotten worse in hte last week. Stuff like falling off ledges even though im well away from it, lost sound when firing weapons etc. ive tried other irish isp's and there fine, so I think this is definitely an Indigo problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Drink

Advertisement